• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Maher on the gun lobby....

DinFreemont

Mahr is a leftist loon (no offense to leftists) and not even a very consistent loon, more of a self serving hack with no real direction outside of increased exposure.

MK

Seriously, sometimes I wish these people, the women in their lives or their elderly or sick parents will one day find themselves in a situation where their only means of self defense are begging or using fists against much stronger, more able and possibly more numerous deviant attackers. That is the only way they are ever going to understand the need for people to be able to have a better choice available for protecting themselves.

It ticks me off to no end that these nutcases out there want to put my wife and my daughter at greater risk of abduction, rape and murder and their gain in that is what? So they can feel safer from potential rape and murder victims who might possess a firearm? They are scared of the women I care about in my life or they are just willing to offer those women up as collarteral damage in order to promote their own political agenda? Screw those idiots.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Seriously, sometimes I wish these people, the women in their lives or their elderly or sick parents will one day find themselves in a situation where their only means of self defense are begging or using fists against much stronger, more able and possibly more numerous deviant attackers. That is the only way they are ever going to understand the need for people to be able to have a better choice available for protecting themselves.

It ticks me off to no end that these nutcases out there want to put my wife and my daughter at greater risk of abduction, rape and murder and their gain in that is what? So they can feel safer from potential rape and murder victims who might possess a firearm? They are scared of the women I care about in my life or they are just willing to offer those women up as collarteral damage in order to promote their own political agenda? Screw those idiots.

Rational thoughts evade most of these people - they respond with emotion. They want to pass laws and be safe. When that doesn't work, they want more laws passed - and on and on. They blame the object, not the person. If you have the object, you are thereby evil and dangerous to them. Their failure is repeating the same action that has previously failed, over and over. What they can't see is that they are being used by those with a political agenda to control us for personal gain - money and power.

What we must do is educate enough people to the reality that having the ability to defend oneself is not only a right, but that it works.

Each failure and the nah sayers scream, "See, I told you it doesn't work!" They would destroy all effort at self-preservation by removing the ability to defend life. This approach doesn't make any sense; it never has and it never will.

Having been touched by horrific violence is not a guarantee that their eyes will be opened to the errors in their thinking - as witness Colin Goddard, one of the Virginia Tech survivors. Young Mr. Goddard is otherwise probably a very likable person, but has proven himself incapable of rational thought on this subject. He can't learn from the mistakes of the past, no matter how clear the object lesson. Fear and tragedy have become tools of his trade and in the process he would leave in his wake the very things he purports to wish to protect - life and liberty. Sad isn't it - he could do so much better in remembrance of those that did not survive.

since9

Campaign Veteran

People in America push issues like there's no tomorrow. Most don't make sense, but they push them just the same.

Yours, Grapeshot, make more sense than most. :D

Last edited: