• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Maher hates....America?

Kloutier

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/01/12/bill-maher-blames-the-2nd-amendment-and-the-nra-for-arizona-shoo/

It looks like Jay Leno's audience wasn't quite sure how they should respond to Bill Maher's comments about the Arizona shootings this past weekend. When he appeared on 'The Tonight Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM on NBC), Leno asked him for is take on the situation.

Maher immediately launched into a verbal attack on the NRA and gun proponents who stand behind the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution. "If you love guns, just admit it like it's a vice," he said. "It's like alcohol or drugs or sex addiction or gambling."

At one point, he renamed the NRA (National Rifle Association) the Assassins Lobby, because according to Maher, that's what they are. When there was a tepid applause from the crowd, he said, "You can applaud that."

We're not sure if it was nervousness about taking a strong stance on once side or another of the issue that had them so quiet and sounding uncomfortable, or just the fact that the issue was being talked about so vehemently and passionately on 'The Tonight Show.' Let's face it, it's not exactly a venue known for taking hard political stands on any issues.

Also quoted
"I'm so tired of hearing about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution.

I was kind of speechless when I read that second quote. Not just anti 2nd Amendment but anti American.

NRAMARINE

Funny how everyone on the left wanted "understanding" and referred to the shooter as "alleged" when it was a muslim shooting up Fort Hood. Shows you what side they are really on.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Wow.. its a shame that he get's airtime, and people applaud having less rights.

How many people even watch that show? It's about as funny as a sneeze on an average night anyway. Furthermore people who "think" like Maher have a political philosophy so deep and well thought out that it actually takes several bumper stickers to contain it all.

Kloutier

I am sure some one out there listen to his left wing inflammatory comments. Soon there will a leftest out there who kills gun owners/judges that follow the law and do not try to create policy. but...they wont use guns to do it.

HandyHamlet

Bill Maher hates humans!

He's been like this for years so it's no surprise.

Exactly.

His venomous rants can be better understood when taken into context.

Bill Maher is very vocal about his beliefs that not only do animals have rights but more importantly their rights come before the rights of people. Humans. Bill Maher believes that the lives of animals come before the lives of people.

So this is where his hatred spews from. Now had Lassie authored the 2nd Amendment old Bill would be the first one to defend it.

Unfortunately that is snarky but no joke.

:eek:

Last edited: