Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SD meetup Jan. 15th

SD meetup Jan. 15th

Ok here is where Im carrying, expecting 'e' checks and significant questions comments and public interaction. Everyone who is interested in attending chime in and lets get a discussion going.

http://www.ccdc.com/media-and-public...-festival.html

Need some ideas and discussion about transport, access, parking or trolley, I was thinking park at a trolley station away from down town for free and ride trolley in to event LUCC. I will for sure have lots of pamphlets and flyers, primary and backup recorders.

This event can be a significant positive media event for OC considering recent events.

Who is in? LA or OC people we welcome your support.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

It will help out-of-towners a lot of you set a solid time/place for everyone to meet at prior to heading to the event.

I'll definitely post this on our mailing list for SBOC.

I personally won't be able to make it down there due to my classes starting up again

Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    It will help out-of-towners a lot of you set a solid time/place for everyone to meet at prior to heading to the event.

I'll definitely post this on our mailing list for SBOC.

I personally won't be able to make it down there due to my classes starting up again
    Thanx Harley, didnt consider that, some local UOC'rs might be able to help out, Downtown San Diego is full of zones so getting to the event requires LUCC. Parking is always a problem, so I am researching using the trolley while LUCC from a remote location with free parking traveling thru several school zones. Then UOC once at the event. I will put it up as soon as a solid easy plan comes to fruition. Maybe rendezvous at a house, give a safety briefing, then go. Everyone will need to have a non conspicuous locking bag.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I'll be there most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by elsensei View Post
    I'll be there most definitely.
    Are you down with a rendezvous, safety briefing, and marching orders at your place?

I'm working on coordinating a carpool from SBOC down there. So hopefully the meetup could start at a reasonable hour to give us time to drive from LA and not leave at 3am

I'm working on coordinating a carpool from SBOC down there. So hopefully the meetup could start at a reasonable hour to give us time to drive from LA and not leave at 3am
    event is 11-5. So definitley not a 3 am start, more like 8,9am carpool.

I'm in. Any recommendations for a bag?

Also, what is "LUCC"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner.NIN View Post
    I'm in. Any recommendations for a bag?

Also, what is "LUCC"?
    Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry

Means you are lawfully transporting your firearm in a fully enclosed locked case.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry

Means you are lawfully transporting your firearm in a fully enclosed locked case.
    These boxes fit quite well in backpacks, price is manageable

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...ory_id%3D14%26

or get a back pack with an interlocking zipper, usually at a travel specialty store. there is one in PB, 1655 Garnet ave. www.travelersdepot.com. Little more expensive but well worth it, I have one it is unobtrusive and easy access. about $100.
    Last edited by Firemark; 01-12-2011 at 05:38 PM.

I carry this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

with one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Get both for < $20 if you have amazon prime.

You can keep all but the last digit set for relatively fast access, and its already on your hip.

That bag fits my XD-9 service model and wife's XD-9 sub-compact at the same time, with room for 3-4 additional magazines.
    Last edited by hgreen; 01-12-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added price

Can I bring my rifle?

This is the one I have, found it on online finally. bought it at travelersdepot.

backpack
    zippers look like this

Zipper
    Bag is large enough for multiple weapons, holsters, mags, and pamphlets.
    Last edited by Firemark; 01-16-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Costa View Post
    Can I bring my rifle?
    I request no rifles, please. It is to much drama and causes mostly negative responses and its to easy to be used by anti's as a negative.

Can't make it this time. I'll hold down the UOC fort in East County.
    Good luck and Godspeed.
    Last edited by Born2Lose; 01-12-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

When will it be an appropriate time to open carry rifles?

When you are going to the range or hunting or the liberal media bias ceases to exist.

Look no further than the one event we had with someone carrying a long gun and the resulting pictures that showed up in the press (they are still being reprinted 6 months later to "represent" open carry).

This article using a picture from LAST SUMMER:
    http://www.easyreadernews.com/2011/0...ry-gun-hermosa

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Are you down with a rendezvous, safety briefing, and marching orders at your place?
    Absolutely.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1345962

Roger that, I'll submit to my superiors for this one. I would like to tag along, I'll just bring a pistol.

The only reason I ask is I've never been to an open carry event with others and I have more experience handling a rifle. I spent 4 years training with, and using a rifle so its just like second nature for me. Operating a pistol is still not natural. I don't trust myself to make well placed shots with a pistol so I probably wont even use it if I needed to.

I understand this open carry thing is turning into quite the movement here so I don't want to upset the individuals that have been doing this for awhile but it would be nice to support long guns also.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

well I don't own one of the evil black guns yet, I would either choose my M1 Garand or my Rem 700 L.T.R. both of which I am comfortable operating.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

it would be nice to support long guns also.
    We support all carry, constitutional carry. Unfortunately, (not to sound like the calguns folks who sacrifice open carry for concealed carry), carrying a handgun for self-defense makes a lot more sense for close encounters like you would have in an urban setting, and does not give the anti-2a press an easy target to focus in on.

I think if we have a private open carry meet with no chance of press then carrying a long gun would be fine...

But on public outreach missions like this fair, its best to leave the long guns at home.

We support all carry, constitutional carry. Unfortunately, (not to sound like the calguns folks who sacrifice open carry for concealed carry), carrying a handgun for self-defense makes a lot more sense for close encounters like you would have in an urban setting, and does not give the anti-2a press an easy target to focus in on.

But on public outreach missions like this fair, its best to leave the long guns at home.
    I don't want to derail the purpose of this thread to much, but I respectfully disagree.

Hand guns are becoming more accepted because of the efforts of open carry. Even in an urban setting my go to firearm is a long gun. The only purpose in my eyes for a pistol is the ability to carry it concealed, and as a back up if my main weapon malfunctions.

I do not agree that a hand gun for self defense in an urban setting makes more sense than a long gun. The ability to make well placed shots does. The fact that you can effectively clear buildings through hallways and doorways with an M16 proves this point.

I'm sorry if i'm stirring the pot I just feel more comfortable with a long gun.
    Last edited by Joshua Costa; 01-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    J.R.R. Tolkien

I really want to go to this one. I still have not UOC'd yet and really want to get the experience along with a group. So is there a definitive plan/meet up place yet? I carry a Springfield xd. Can I bring it locked up in it's case and then inside a backpack? That's really all I have. I also have two problems,
    1. I currently lack a printer so I can't print out any fliers
    2. I also won't have the money for a voice recorder until next pay check. Closest thing I will have is my iPhone.
    Can I still come along?

I think if we have a private open carry meet with no chance of press then carrying a long gun would be fine...

+1

...I hear you Joshua, you are right, you should be able to carry that which you are familiar with for defense. I nor anyone else can make you do anything other, but those of us who have been working very hard to change the mindset and paradigm of thought in this state and our country realize that we have to be smart and use good judgement, and by degrees, change things so that all of our rights and freedoms can be exercised freely. This may not be what everyone wants to do but we need more allys not more critics especially right now. So the best stratgic activity to keep the movement moving forward is UOC of handguns (for now). But when that day does finally arrive, I will be happy to walk by your side with my rifle over my back and your rifle over yours, when people are more accepting of it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast