• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SD meetup Jan. 15th

Firemark

Ok here is where Im carrying, expecting 'e' checks and significant questions comments and public interaction. Everyone who is interested in attending chime in and lets get a discussion going.

http://www.ccdc.com/media-and-publications/news/964-ccdc-news-13th-annual-sheila-r-hardin-san-diego-multicultural-festival.html

Need some ideas and discussion about transport, access, parking or trolley, I was thinking park at a trolley station away from down town for free and ride trolley in to event LUCC. I will for sure have lots of pamphlets and flyers, primary and backup recorders.

This event can be a significant positive media event for OC considering recent events.

Who is in? LA or OC people we welcome your support.

hgreen

It will help out-of-towners a lot of you set a solid time/place for everyone to meet at prior to heading to the event.

I'll definitely post this on our mailing list for SBOC.

I personally won't be able to make it down there due to my classes starting up again :(

Firemark

It will help out-of-towners a lot of you set a solid time/place for everyone to meet at prior to heading to the event.

I'll definitely post this on our mailing list for SBOC.

I personally won't be able to make it down there due to my classes starting up again :(

Thanx Harley, didnt consider that, some local UOC'rs might be able to help out, Downtown San Diego is full of zones so getting to the event requires LUCC. Parking is always a problem, so I am researching using the trolley while LUCC from a remote location with free parking traveling thru several school zones. Then UOC once at the event. I will put it up as soon as a solid easy plan comes to fruition. Maybe rendezvous at a house, give a safety briefing, then go. Everyone will need to have a non conspicuous locking bag.

hgreen

I'm working on coordinating a carpool from SBOC down there. So hopefully the meetup could start at a reasonable hour to give us time to drive from LA and not leave at 3am :)

Firemark

I'm working on coordinating a carpool from SBOC down there. So hopefully the meetup could start at a reasonable hour to give us time to drive from LA and not leave at 3am :)

event is 11-5. So definitley not a 3 am start, more like 8,9am carpool.

Firemark

Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry

Means you are lawfully transporting your firearm in a fully enclosed locked case.

These boxes fit quite well in backpacks, price is manageable

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/14_Portable+Safes/7079_The+Perfect+In-Car++Hotel+Room+GunValuable+Safe/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D14%26

or get a back pack with an interlocking zipper, usually at a travel specialty store. there is one in PB, 1655 Garnet ave. www.travelersdepot.com. Little more expensive but well worth it, I have one it is unobtrusive and easy access. about $100.

Last edited:

hgreen

Last edited:

Firemark

This is the one I have, found it on online finally. bought it at travelersdepot.

backpack
zippers look like this

Zipper
Bag is large enough for multiple weapons, holsters, mags, and pamphlets.

Last edited:

hgreen

When will it be an appropriate time to open carry rifles?

When you are going to the range or hunting or the liberal media bias ceases to exist.

Look no further than the one event we had with someone carrying a long gun and the resulting pictures that showed up in the press (they are still being reprinted 6 months later to "represent" open carry).

This article using a picture from LAST SUMMER:
http://www.easyreadernews.com/2011/01/hermosa-beach-news/open-carry-gun-hermosa

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
Roger that, I'll submit to my superiors for this one. I would like to tag along, I'll just bring a pistol.

The only reason I ask is I've never been to an open carry event with others and I have more experience handling a rifle. I spent 4 years training with, and using a rifle so its just like second nature for me. Operating a pistol is still not natural. I don't trust myself to make well placed shots with a pistol so I probably wont even use it if I needed to.

I understand this open carry thing is turning into quite the movement here so I don't want to upset the individuals that have been doing this for awhile but it would be nice to support long guns also.