• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallet handout with RCW's on guns/open carry.

emtechnik

I spent a few minutes putting together a little bit of info for use to hand out to people that decide to confront OCers. Granted, it'll be in a really small font (double sided perhaps?), but if anyone wanted to print this out like I will, I'm sure it would put things in your favor whether you're being hassled by PD or hoplophobes.

Second Amendment - A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Washington State is an "Open Carry State," (to display a firearm openly) In accordance with the Second Amendment. NO federal or Washington State laws prohibit open carry. Also, in Washington no permit is required to open carry.
RCW 9.41.270: (1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, AND at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons. (3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following: (a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business; (b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve public safety, maintain public order, or to make arrests for offenses, while in the performance of such duty; (c) Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person; (d) Any person making or assisting in making a lawful arrest for the commission of a felony.
RCW 9.41.050: (1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol. (b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so.
For more information, visit www.opencarry.org and www.handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

emtechnik

Yeah I saw that, but I figured it'd be nicer for those without space in their wallet/pockets for a full-sized pamphlet. But thanks, it looks very professionally done.

TechnoWeenie

Yeah I saw that, but I figured it'd be nicer for those without space in their wallet/pockets for a full-sized pamphlet. But thanks, it looks very professionally done.

I took a chance and have this on the back of my business cards... (ignore the typesetting)

blow_v2_4ae8049dd5fa0082799818.jpg

So far, only positive remarks.