Thread: Anyone having issues open carrying after the event at Arizona?

Anyone having issues open carrying after the event at Arizona?

Hello all

Just as I feared because of the events that unfolded in Arizona the gov't is once again trying to take our rights away. As if criminals follow the law, well anyways I know there are some avid open carry fans here and I was wondering if anyone has run into any issues while doing so after the events that just took place. I have yet to open carry but I'll be damned if my rights are violated because of some nut. Just interested in what people have to say and or experienced.

Be safe everyone, and exercise your freedoms
    God Bless

Not I.

If anything, it's simply more of a reason to go on doing what I do.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I've been carrying just like I always do. I havent noticed people reacting differently or anything like that.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

I haven't carried in the last week as I threw my back out and haven't left the house except to go to the doctor. However, I likely will be carrying either tomorrow or Saturday and I will report back. I don't think there will be too many issues, even though we are in such close proximity to Arizona, and I agree with Since9 that it is really just more of a reason to be armed so that you are able to defend yourself and your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    Just as I feared because of the events that unfolded in Arizona the gov't is once again trying to take our rights away.
    What's happening? I've only seen reports of the stark LACK of capitalizing on the shooting by gun-grabbers. Most of the fallout has been against vitriol in political discourse. There was one AZ rep being a schmuck, but I haven't seen any "government trying to take our rights away" more than usual. Has there been more movement that I'm missing?

No, But my issue would be the lack of people OC'ing, considering AZ is constitutional carry state. A Right Unexercised may be a Right Lost because you're no longer around because of your failure to exercise it.

Followning the events in AZ, I've noticed that people seem to be a little more leery of my open carrying. However, that's simply more of an opportunity to tell people I carry because there are some folks out there who intend other people harm, and it only makes sense to be prepared.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.