• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 9mm the "Preferred weapon of deranged mad men."

anmut

I can't believe CNN printed this cr@p. Letters need to be sent and lawmakers need to be contacted to make sure we don't have another high-cap ban come into play because of this.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/12/lautenberg.high.capacity.clips/index.html?hpt=C1

Snip:

If the shooter didn't have access to the high-capacity magazine that he used, he would have stopped to reload sooner and lives might have been saved.

Loughner's magazine was attached to a 9 mm Glock 19 semi-automatic handgun, which is the preferred weapon of deranged madmen. In 2007, Seung-Hui Cho used the same model in the Virginia Tech shooting spree, which claimed 32 lives.

This month, I will introduce legislation to ban gun magazines that feed more than 10 rounds at a time. One of my colleagues, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy of New York, is planning to introduce a similar bill in the House of Representatives.

XDFDE45

It's from CNN so it really comes as no surprise to me. And of course Feinstein is all ready to ban the high cap mags and introduce another AWB type no doubt :cuss:.

anmut

CALL THEM:

Johnson, Ronald H. - (R - WI) Class III
2 RUSSELL COURTYARD WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5323

Kohl, Herb - (D - WI) Class I
330 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5653

I was able to call and talk to their secretaries and leave a message to vote against any new ban on magazines or gun control. Call them now to voice your opinion.

anmut

It's from CNN so it really comes as no surprise to me. And of course Feinstein is all ready to ban the high cap mags and introduce another AWB type no doubt :cuss:.

Yeah I think we all saw the knee-jerk reaction coming. We need to be vocal though so we don't have another Clinton-era ban come through.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
CALL THEM:

Johnson, Ronald H. - (R - WI) Class III
2 RUSSELL COURTYARD WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5323

Kohl, Herb - (D - WI) Class I
330 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5653

I was able to call and talk to their secretaries and leave a message to vote against any new ban on magazines or gun control. Call them now to voice your opinion.

Congressman Reed Ribble
202-225-5665

LR Yote 312

That article is so wrong and misinformed on so many levels it aint funny.

The only paper that should be printed on is toilet paper.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Walt_Kowalski

Oh.. I should return my Glock 19, and 33 round magazines. They appear to be defective. They have not caused me to lose my marbles and go on a shooting spree </sarcasm>

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
"Common-sense gun laws", the preferred weapon of deranged, anti-2A senators....

Or if you are an editorial writer with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"judiciously regulated firearms", the preferred weapon of deranged, anti-2A senators...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
That article is so wrong and misinformed on so many levels it aint funny.

The only paper that should be printed on is toilet paper.

LR Yote

Found this about your signature.

This quote is widely attributed to “Frank Outlaw” on the Web, but no actual other corroborating confirmation actually confirms that this is the correct source.
Popular quotation books – including Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations (17th ed., 2002), Roget’s International Thesaurus of Quotations (1970) and The Harper Book of Quotations (3rd ed., 1993) – DO NOT include this quote or any reference to Frank Outlaw.
In July 2003, a woman named “Elizabeth C.,” claimed to have written it in 1998 and sending to members of an e-mail group of people living with lupus.
According to legend, her words were: “these few lines have since taken on a life of their own via the Internet. I was honored when someone asked if they could post it on their work bulletin board. From there it ended up as a desktop theme. It has traveled everywhere.”
Matt Mullenweg, of WordPress fame, talked about this quote and one of his readers commented:
Dawn // February 1, 2007 at 4:15 am
And yet sadly no one has attributed this to its true origin…
The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings…

As the shadow follows the body,
As we think, so we become.

• From the Dhammapada
    Sayings of the Buddha