• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got banned from Texas CHL forum

frickinnuts

No big loss I guess but it seems that my username frickinnuts is not in keeping with their rules and I can change it or be gone. Guess I'll have to press for open carry more so I can be with the frickincrowd....

Once again I prepare for disbanned :)

eye95

An unusual introductory first post.

I assume that you are here to help us advocate for open carry and to carry on civil and rational discussions. If so, welcome.

Last edited:

rodbender

No big loss I guess but it seems that my username frickinnuts is not in keeping with their rules and I can change it or be gone. Guess I'll have to press for open carry more so I can be with the frickincrowd....

If you had advocated open carry on there you would have been chastised and then banned if you did not fall in line like a good little sheeple.

frickinnuts

If you had advocated open carry on there you would have been chastised and then banned if you did not fall in line like a good little sheeple.

Guess that's why I said ban me because I wasn't going to change, too old and too set in my ways I guess. I went to school with a guy named Art Butts, wonder if he could be a member? Might have to change his name to "Art Behinds"

zack991

Introduction? His join date predates yours by almost 2 years.
My question to him is why if he is pro open carry, then why in the three years has he not been more involved with this site where we could have helped then. May be i am missing something, this is just odd.

Last edited:

eye95

I guess, based on the post you quoted (that I normally never would have seen) that , at least for the benefit of some, I need to qualify what I was talking about. By introduction, I was referring to the post being his first post ever on OCDO.

To assuage those who seek to pick at nits, I have edited my initial reply, replacing the word "introduction" with "introductory first post."

:rolleyes:

Claytron

My question to him is why if he is pro open carry, then why in the three years has he not been more involved with this site where we could have helped then. May be i am missing something, this is just odd.

i think you forget that a forum isnt some place just for activists to come and shout their opinions and try to change the world its a place where people also come for information, just because someone doesnt post doesnt make them any less of a "forum user" than anyone else, some people just like to observe.

and to the OP i understand what you mean, it seems like people get really bent out of shape on these type of forums as soon as they realize you arent exactly "one of them".

frickinnuts

I'm a member of and I do post on several forums. I am a CLH holder in Texas. We have no open carry rights. I have signed the petition here and I have written letters to my reps and other reps that are on the side of open carry. I guess the reason I have never posted here is because I have not until now had something I thought worthwhile to add.
I have read many many post here. I was a member on the (shall not be named again) forum because I am a CHL and I am in Texas. Sorry if I got on someones bad side here, just shows that my silence is not a bad thing when 1 post will insight heated debate about it.

beebobby

Welcome (back). To be banned from some forums should be considered a badge of honor....er, just not this forum.

Last edited:

zack991

i think you forget that a forum isnt some place just for activists to come and shout their opinions and try to change the world its a place where people also come for information, just because someone doesnt post doesnt make them any less of a "forum user" than anyone else, some people just like to observe.

I don't hold you opine worth a grain of salt what so ever, anyone who seem to disagree with you all you do is toss down right nasty insults at me and other members here. This forum has a several trolls that come and go. I am not saying he was, all my post was a question and he satisfactory answered it. So you can knock off the" I think you forgot" smart mouth remarks, its not flattering at all. Just makes you come off as rude and no one cares for it here.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Claytron

I don't hold you opine worth a grain of salt what so ever, anyone who seem to disagree with you all you do is toss down right nasty insults at me and other members here. This forum has a several trolls that come and go. I am not saying he was, all my post was a question and he satisfactory answered it. So you can knock off the" I think you forgot" smart mouth remarks, its not flattering at all. Just makes you come off as rude and no one cares for it here.

Moving on.

what are you even talking about "tossing down nasty insults at you"?!

Your post was a question and i decided to offer an answer for it, thats how it works when you post PUBLICLY. You are out of your mind if you think i threw "nasty insults" at anyone just by stating the obvious - Not everyone treats these forums as a place to make friends and play schoolyard popularity games, some come for information and to share their opinions.

McClintock

Let me guess. By Charles Cotton.