Thread: New to open carry, holster question?

New to open carry, holster question?

I'm new to this forum and open carry. With that out of the way, I guess a retention holder would be just the thing for open carry. I have a CHP and was packing a Kimber Ultra Carry but sold it awhile back. Right now I hav a CZ75 Tactical in 9mm. Very heavy with a full mag. but a joy to shoot. Any holster recommendations for the CZ. Don't know if it makes any difference but I'm a little thick around the middle.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO RazrRebel - you're almost still in Virgina
    Guess you'll need to learn the carry laws in 3 states.

You might want to look at Blackhawk, Fobus or CrossBreed for your CZ.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply Grapeshot. I have one cheap Fobus but since I'm going to carry more often in the open, I'm going to take look at retention holsters. I've been eyeing a crossbreed for concealed carry for awhile now. Here in my parts it's really rural and when you open carry people look at you crazy. I don't think the local law enforcement would be to bad to deal with. Probably where I'm at, at the time will mean alot. You know though I never see anybody carry open. Yeah like you said I can be in Kentucky in fifteen minutes, and West Virginia in twenty. Hell, I work in Kentucky.

I, too, am new here. I live in Bellingham Wa, "the city of subdued excitement". I wish to carry a Star 9mm in my UM84. Does anyone else use one?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I, too, am new here. I live in Bellingham Wa, "the city of subdued excitement". I wish to carry a Star 9mm in my UM84. Does anyone else use one?
    Stars are extremely nice, well made guns. Have owned several of them - don't think I will ever part with my FireStar .40 cal.

Found the old thread on them; parts are still available too - unfortunately, the photos didn't make the trip when we changed servers.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...light=firestar
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The Blackhawk Serpa holsters made for a Beretta 92 will work with a CZ75 9mm. You have to adjust the tension screw and the barrel is a little loose but it is very secure. As popular as CZ pistols are these days, you'd think more companies would make holsters for them.