• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to open carry, holster question?

RazrRebel

I'm new to this forum and open carry. With that out of the way, I guess a retention holder would be just the thing for open carry. I have a CHP and was packing a Kimber Ultra Carry but sold it awhile back. Right now I hav a CZ75 Tactical in 9mm. Very heavy with a full mag. but a joy to shoot. Any holster recommendations for the CZ. Don't know if it makes any difference but I'm a little thick around the middle.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO RazrRebel - you're almost still in Virgina :D
Guess you'll need to learn the carry laws in 3 states.

You might want to look at Blackhawk, Fobus or CrossBreed for your CZ.

RazrRebel

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply Grapeshot. I have one cheap Fobus but since I'm going to carry more often in the open, I'm going to take look at retention holsters. I've been eyeing a crossbreed for concealed carry for awhile now. Here in my parts it's really rural and when you open carry people look at you crazy. I don't think the local law enforcement would be to bad to deal with. Probably where I'm at, at the time will mean alot. You know though I never see anybody carry open. Yeah like you said I can be in Kentucky in fifteen minutes, and West Virginia in twenty. Hell, I work in Kentucky. :D

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I, too, am new here. I live in Bellingham Wa, "the city of subdued excitement". I wish to carry a Star 9mm in my UM84. Does anyone else use one?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I, too, am new here. I live in Bellingham Wa, "the city of subdued excitement". I wish to carry a Star 9mm in my UM84. Does anyone else use one?

Stars are extremely nice, well made guns. Have owned several of them - don't think I will ever part with my FireStar .40 cal.

Found the old thread on them; parts are still available too - unfortunately, the photos didn't make the trip when we changed servers.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...yone-Carry-A-Star-Firestar&highlight=firestar

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
The Blackhawk Serpa holsters made for a Beretta 92 will work with a CZ75 9mm. You have to adjust the tension screw and the barrel is a little loose but it is very secure. As popular as CZ pistols are these days, you'd think more companies would make holsters for them.