• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bad areas around phoenix? places in AZ to live?

TechnoWeenie

Looking at moving, and see houses are ridiculously cheap, and don't look bad at all...

I'm interested in getting feedback on the phoenix area, or thereabouts, on what are the good/bad places to live....

There is one house I'm aiming for specifically right now....

Link

Areas to stay out of? areas other than phoenix that are good to live?

*updated link

Last edited:

Carlos 10mm

If you mean Phoenix specifically then Ahwatukee and the Arcadia/Biltmore areas are nice. Adjacent to Phoenix are the cities of Chandler and Tempe (ASU city), both of which are mostly civilized -- though I haven't lived in Chandler myself. Then of course there is always $cottsdale to the north.

Last edited:

mzbk2l

Spend little time researching traffic and commuting, as well. Scottsdale and Mesa are both "east valley," for example, but you could still have a 1-hour + commute from a home in Mesa to a business in Scottsdale (or vice versa) - much more than that if you're driving from Chandler to Glendale, or any other cross-town trips.

Where you live will depend to some extent on where you work (or otherwise spend the majority of your time). Having said that, there are nice areas all over the valley, so you've certainly got a lot of choices.

And it's all very friendly to open carry... :)

TechnoWeenie

What about Prescott?

Seems a bit more expensive but also a tad more 'small town'..... Which I prefer.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I gave up trying to move to AZ. I still want to, but I hate the city and there aren't any jobs there, either.

tbrenke

a little slow on the reply but, after two years of resumes I landed a job in the Phoenix area making a bit more than I did in Seattle. the area to stay out of is a bit south of the freeway that runs east-west through Phoenix. south of that line in the mid area is not so good. far enough east in the Gilbert area is not too bad.

but as is said, "any time, any place"