• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Baptist Church is going to protest the funeral of 9 year old girl killed in AZ.

JJC

The Westboro Baptist Church said Monday it plans to picket Thursday's funeral for Christina Taylor Green because "God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America.

I found this on the USA Carry Web site tonight.

This is really low.

JJC

LR Yote 312

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is wrong with people ?

Cant a family mourn the loss of a loved without
some one harassing them?

Starting to think some folks need to get out of the sun.

LR Yote

CalicoJack10

The Westboro Baptist Church is out of Topeka Kansas, led by Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley Phelps Roper. They are the same ones that hold up all this signs at funerals of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. Signs that say things like "Thank god for dead soldiers" and "Thanks got for IED's". Their idea is to get someone to attack them so that they can sue their attacker and use the money to keep spreading this kind of hate.

The only reason this protest was called off is because the legislature quickly made it illegal to publicly protest any of the funerals. They didn't call it off, they were told that if they did show, they would all go to jail, even the kids.

1245A Defender

well,,,,

the church called off the protest because they were going to be
outnumbered by about 100 to 1!!
the freedom rider bikers and most of Tucson would have been
there to shield the funeral from these wackos!

I think the new law is a bad idea,
it is a knee jerk, feel good, bird brained reaction.
it is an unconstitutional violation of the 1st amendment,
and very much like a proposed law to keep lawfully armed citizens
1000 feet away from congressmen and judges!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

even though they called it off, they are still scum bags...need 200 guys with Base ball bats to end their protesting for good.

M

McX

so if we have to stay 1000 ft. away, and the poop hits the fan, how exactly should we aid, assist or defend these people if they are under attack and need our help?

some time back i had to stand at the edge of a school zone, and NOT enter, watching the bad guy, in the school zone get away clean. because i could do nothing, and could not enter there.

Last edited:

anmut

They called it off. They are a bunch of wackos. Watched a documentary on them once and it turns out that the "church" is basically a doomsday-watching family. They are almost all related to each other and the head guy is the father of many of the members.

Although they're protected to do what they want, I've always wondered why cities just don't rent some giant stage speakers, drop them in front of these people and blast Amazing Graze at 135db.

anmut

so if we have to stay 1000 ft. away, and the poop hits the fan, how exactly should we aid, assist or defend these people if they are under attack and need our help?

some time back i had to stand at the edge of a school zone, and NOT enter, watching the bad guy, in the school zone get away clean. because i could do nothing, and could not enter there.

You are SUPPOSED to call the police. Remember that they know better than you AND are only minutes away from responding and trying to figure out the problem. Get in line. Pay your taxes. Shut the h3ll up.

MKEgal

1245A Defender said:
it is an unconstitutional violation of the 1st amendment

+1
I think the "church" is whacky, the people filled with hate, and if there is an afterlife, and it is run like Christians think, then those people are going to be very very warm for a long time.

HOWEVER...
They're allowed to say (pretty much) whatever they want.

Decent people are also allowed to stand between them & the funerals, as has happened in other places, and show up in such numbers that they're badly outnumbered & outclassed (that's not hard), & eventually turn tail & go home.

apjonas

Please Change the Title of this Thread

This group is not an Arizona church and has nothing to tie it to Arizona. Haven't we learned the pitfalls of intentionally or negligently slandering others by tying them to the despicable? You shouldn't be doing so, that's Sheriff Dipstick's job.

jpm84092

BUMMER McX - big time. The State and Federal GFSZ statutes are an absolute invitation to the creation of a "Free Kill Zone" for bad guys. Technically, under WI and Federal Law, a Wisconsin LEO, off duty, and armed, must also avoid the "Federal" GFSZ because under Federal Law ONLY states that issue concealed firearm permits based on a federal background check can authorize carry inside the Federal GFSZ - AND - only one State, Utah, actually has such a law.

You guys know that I fully support "Constitutional Carry", but until and unless the Federal GFSZ statute is rescinded (not likely since it is a "feel good law"), WI needs an (optional) permit system based on a background check - AND - a WI Statute that exempts WI "permit holders" from the Federal Statute (based on the Federal Statute language). This is especially important in Urban areas where there are schools everywhere.

I know that this is not a "popular" stance in this forum, but it is a practical stance until the Federal statute is repealed. Local District Attorneys may decline prosecution under the Federal Statute, but the "Feds" may wish to "make a point" when self-defense situations come up - and an otherwise law abiding Citizen of Wisconsin needs to defend himself / herself - or loved ones - within 1000 feet of a school.

phred

From Montana

45-8-360. Establishment of individual licensure. In consideration that the right to keep and bear arms is protected and reserved to the people in Article II, section 12, of the Montana constitution, a person who has not been convicted of a violent, felony crime and who is lawfully able to own or to possess a firearm under the Montana constitution is considered to be individually licensed and verified by the state of Montana within the meaning of the provisions regarding individual licensure and verification in the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...nullifed-the-Federal-Gun-Free-School-Zone-law

If Montana can do it, why not Wisconsin

Also, link to Montana's firearms laws
http://www.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/criminaljustice/concealedweapons.asp

http://www.mtssa.org/mtlaws.phtml?code=45-8-341,+342+M.C.A.

Last edited:

jpm84092

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The Westboro Baptist Church is out of Topeka Kansas, led by Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley Phelps Roper. They are the same ones that hold up all this signs at funerals of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. Signs that say things like "Thank god for dead soldiers" and "Thanks got for IED's". Their idea is to get someone to attack them so that they can sue their attacker and use the money to keep spreading this kind of hate.

Don't forget (although less relevant to this thread) what is perhaps one of their most famous slogans:

jpm84092

God does not Hate anyone!

God does not "hate" anything he has created.

However, the idea of a church using the deaths of others to promote their hate-filled agenda is something that I, for one, would not not want to have to defend when Jesus judges us all.

And, at the risk of getting hammered by comments from my more conservative Christian friends, I actually also believe that even homosexuals ( Gay, lesbian, Bi, Transgendered) have the right to personal self-protection guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the US Constitution.

icepik

Westboro Baptist Church Interview

Interviews with these people are all over the internet, but I'll direct you to 1 interview that is local.

One of my many projects includes something that took us to a location in the Milwaukee area that this church was protesting.

We did a 3 part online video show which you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/doseofrealitytv

In case you wish to research a bit more about this church, there website is here: http://www.godhatesfags.com

If you wish to watch other videos, just search youtube for Westboro Baptist Church and you'll be amazed at what you can find.

I think one of the funniest ones about them is this one with Michael Moore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4

theJurk

Reminds me of whats-his-name that went on tv and said that 9/11 was gods punishment to America. The song "Prayer" by Disturbed is a direct rebuttal to these wackos.