Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Family UOC outing

  1. #1
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262

    Family UOC outing

    Just got back from UOCing with my wife and daughter. We were at Walmart in Santee for about 15 minutes and Costco in Santee for a half an hour.
    It was a non-event. Many employees saw me carrying and not a word was said.
    I used OC Kimber's idea of carrying the "IT'S LEGAL" pamphlet in my back pocket facing out so people could read it from behind.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  2. #2
    Regular Member Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Just got back from UOCing with my wife and daughter. We were at Walmart in Santee for about 15 minutes and Costco in Santee for a half an hour.
    It was a non-event. Many employees saw me carrying and not a word was said.
    I used OC Kimber's idea of carrying the "IT'S LEGAL" pamphlet in my back pocket facing out so people could read it from behind.
    30 minutes in COSTCO????? they are very anti gun thats surprising, kudos to you. Wonder if it will fly again if people keep UOC'ing there.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

    "Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

    "Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC KIMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Huntington beach, Ca
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Just got back from UOCing with my wife and daughter. We were at Walmart in Santee for about 15 minutes and Costco in Santee for a half an hour.
    It was a non-event. Many employees saw me carrying and not a word was said.
    I used OC Kimber's idea of carrying the "IT'S LEGAL" pamphlet in my back pocket facing out so people could read it from behind.
    If you catch them checking out your butt just remember it's back there I'm glad it worked for you.

  4. #4
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    30 minutes in COSTCO????? they are very anti gun thats surprising, kudos to you. Wonder if it will fly again if people keep UOC'ing there.
    A good man lost his life carrying in a Costco. And it was concealed.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  5. #5
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    A good man lost his life carrying in a Costco. And it was concealed.
    Yes I've read that story it's tragic. Are you trying to say i shouldn't carry there because some police murdered someone at a Costco?
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  6. #6
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Just got back from UOCing with my wife and daughter. We were at Walmart in Santee for about 15 minutes and Costco in Santee for a half an hour.
    It was a non-event. Many employees saw me carrying and not a word was said.
    I used OC Kimber's idea of carrying the "IT'S LEGAL" pamphlet in my back pocket facing out so people could read it from behind.
    If I recall correctly Costco, being a private shopping "club" which you have to be a member of to shop at, has a no gun policy as part of their rules of membership. Since it is in effect a private club, you have to abide by thier rules or risk losing your membership.

    Here is an e-mail from Costco from a previous post:

    Dear Ken,

    Thank you for your email to Costco Wholesale.
    In reference to your inquiry on our policy disallowing the carrying of firearms in our warehouse stores.
    Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.
    Bringing a firearm into our warehouse does not enhance the shopping experience. We are sorry the message you are hearing is that we don't want you. It is the firearms that we exclude in the warehouses, not the carriers.

    Thank you,

    Susan
    Costco Wholesale Corporation
    memberservice@costco.com

  7. #7
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoligny View Post
    If I recall correctly Costco, being a private shopping "club" which you have to be a member of to shop at, has a no gun policy as part of their rules of membership. Since it is in effect a private club, you have to abide by thier rules or risk losing your membership.

    Here is an e-mail from Costco from a previous post:

    Dear Ken,

    Thank you for your email to Costco Wholesale.
    In reference to your inquiry on our policy disallowing the carrying of firearms in our warehouse stores.
    Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.
    Bringing a firearm into our warehouse does not enhance the shopping experience. We are sorry the message you are hearing is that we don't want you. It is the firearms that we exclude in the warehouses, not the carriers.

    Thank you,

    Susan
    Costco Wholesale Corporation
    memberservice@costco.com
    Well i looked for a posted sign and there is none. I will continue to carry until they ask me to disarm in which case i will lock up my pistol in the car. It could be a simple fact that i carry a XD9Subcompact with a flush empty mag and up against a tight black hoody and dark jeans it doesn't stand out.
    I know for a fact at least one employee saw it. It was only an hour before closing and there were almost as many employees in the store as there were customers.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  8. #8
    Regular Member mjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, , USA
    Posts
    979
    I've never OCd in Costco due to the results accross the nation of people being asked to leave. I CCW there with great regularity though!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    I've never OCd in Costco due to the results accross the nation of people being asked to leave. I CCW there with great regularity though!
    Unfortunately, most of us don't have that luxury.
    Hopefully San Diego and/or CA will change to "Shall Issue" soon and then i'll be right there with you.
    I rarely go to Costco since my wife typically goes while i'm at work.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  10. #10
    Regular Member CenTex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,,
    Posts
    276
    I just sent off a message to Susan at Costco Wholesale Corporation telling her of my concerns about their no-firearm policy. I mentioned that Costco could be the next mass shooting with no one there to stop it. I am sure she will have a "reasonable" excuse to continue their restrictive policy toward law-abiding citizens.
    The words of a tyrant: I never entertain opposing opinions. I am always right.

    Socialism is just another dirty word for totalitarianism.

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -Patrick Henry

  11. #11
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Went out early tonight with the family to the Target in El Cajon. Open Carried for about 15 minutes without one comment or dirty look. It was quite crowded and i know at least 3 different target employees saw that i was armed.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    why do sheeple continue to think that by disarming citizens with laws and rules, criminals will also obey?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    I love Santee.
    Just got back from UOCing (with my daughter) to Burger King on Mission Gorge and ate lunch then Home Depot for about 20 minutes.
    Not one weird look or dying puppies.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •