• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family UOC outing

Born2Lose

Just got back from UOCing with my wife and daughter. We were at Walmart in Santee for about 15 minutes and Costco in Santee for a half an hour.
It was a non-event. Many employees saw me carrying and not a word was said.
I used OC Kimber's idea of carrying the "IT'S LEGAL" pamphlet in my back pocket facing out so people could read it from behind.

Firemark

Just got back from UOCing with my wife and daughter. We were at Walmart in Santee for about 15 minutes and Costco in Santee for a half an hour.
I used OC Kimber's idea of carrying the "IT'S LEGAL" pamphlet in my back pocket facing out so people could read it from behind.

30 minutes in COSTCO????? they are very anti gun thats surprising, kudos to you. Wonder if it will fly again if people keep UOC'ing there.

OC KIMBER

If you catch them checking out your butt just remember it's back there I'm glad it worked for you.

Decoligny

If I recall correctly Costco, being a private shopping "club" which you have to be a member of to shop at, has a no gun policy as part of their rules of membership. Since it is in effect a private club, you have to abide by thier rules or risk losing your membership.

Here is an e-mail from Costco from a previous post:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your email to Costco Wholesale.
In reference to your inquiry on our policy disallowing the carrying of firearms in our warehouse stores.
Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.
Bringing a firearm into our warehouse does not enhance the shopping experience. We are sorry the message you are hearing is that we don't want you. It is the firearms that we exclude in the warehouses, not the carriers.

Thank you,

Susan
Costco Wholesale Corporation
memberservice@costco.com

Born2Lose

If I recall correctly Costco, being a private shopping "club" which you have to be a member of to shop at, has a no gun policy as part of their rules of membership. Since it is in effect a private club, you have to abide by thier rules or risk losing your membership.

Here is an e-mail from Costco from a previous post:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your email to Costco Wholesale.
In reference to your inquiry on our policy disallowing the carrying of firearms in our warehouse stores.
Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.
Bringing a firearm into our warehouse does not enhance the shopping experience. We are sorry the message you are hearing is that we don't want you. It is the firearms that we exclude in the warehouses, not the carriers.

Thank you,

Susan
Costco Wholesale Corporation
memberservice@costco.com

Well i looked for a posted sign and there is none. I will continue to carry until they ask me to disarm in which case i will lock up my pistol in the car. It could be a simple fact that i carry a XD9Subcompact with a flush empty mag and up against a tight black hoody and dark jeans it doesn't stand out.
I know for a fact at least one employee saw it. It was only an hour before closing and there were almost as many employees in the store as there were customers.

mjones

I've never OCd in Costco due to the results accross the nation of people being asked to leave. I CCW there with great regularity though!

Born2Lose

I've never OCd in Costco due to the results accross the nation of people being asked to leave. I CCW there with great regularity though!

Unfortunately, most of us don't have that luxury. :(
Hopefully San Diego and/or CA will change to "Shall Issue" soon and then i'll be right there with you.
I rarely go to Costco since my wife typically goes while i'm at work.

CenTex

I just sent off a message to Susan at Costco Wholesale Corporation telling her of my concerns about their no-firearm policy. I mentioned that Costco could be the next mass shooting with no one there to stop it. I am sure she will have a "reasonable" excuse to continue their restrictive policy toward law-abiding citizens.

Born2Lose

Went out early tonight with the family to the Target in El Cajon. Open Carried for about 15 minutes without one comment or dirty look. It was quite crowded and i know at least 3 different target employees saw that i was armed.

Born2Lose

I love Santee.
Just got back from UOCing (with my daughter) to Burger King on Mission Gorge and ate lunch then Home Depot for about 20 minutes.
Not one weird look or dying puppies.