• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appleton robbery attempts

Carcharodon

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20110112/APC0101/301130009/Suspect-sought-in-attempted-robbery
Police said the suspect is described as a black male, 30-40 years old, 6-foot to 6-1 tall, thin build, black hair, wearing dark sweatpants, hooded sweatshirt and a green “puffy” jacket.

The suspect reportedly confronted the woman in the parking lot and attempted to take her purse when a struggle ensued, police said. The suspect, who said he had a gun, struck the woman in the head but fled on foot toward the nearby Petco store toward the Fox River Mall without the purse.

The woman sustained minor injuries when she was knocked to the ground but did not require hospitalization. Anyone with information is asked to contact Grand Chute police at 920-832-1575.

Read more: http://www.postcrescent.com/article...-outside-Wal-Mart-near-Appleton#ixzz1AtiYKhG7
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was thinking about this , and the recent attempted robbery at PLS Loan Store. If someone tries to rob me and says they have a gun but doesn't show it. am I obliged to show mine, bullets first? Personally I feel that if someone tells me they have a gun but does not actually pull it out, I would have to assume that I can beat them to the draw right? What if they ended up not having a weapon, but claimed they did and I shot them? I understand you're not all lawyers but I would like your opinions on what to do in a situation like this.

anmut

But wait - weren't the police immediately available to help her? Didn't she have some non-lethal means of defending herself? How about a rape-whistle or the panic alarm on her car? You mean ALL OF THAT FAILED to protect her?

Well at least she didn't have a gun to protect her - they are dangerous and that poor guy that was robbing her could have gotten hurt really bad.

GlockRDH

Well at least she didn't have a gun to protect her - they are dangerous and that poor guy that was robbing her could have gotten hurt really bad.

Im sure that the perp wouldve gotten the gun from her and used it against her...THAT always happens.

protias

I'm sure he was OC in a holster too. I wonder if this was in a GFSZ. If it was, then I'm calling this report false as no one has guns in a school zone. :rolleyes:

TyGuy

She should have fallen over and played dead. It worked for the guy in "Dinner for Schmucks"

*btw - that movie really wasn't that funny