• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wholesale Sports Silverdale new sign OC not ok

Metalhead47

Nope. The holding company for Wholesale Sports (purchased Sportsman Warehouse) is a Canadian company.

What's your point? Given the gun laws in Canada, it makes even more sense that a Canadian lawyer would come up with such a generic catch-all sign.

I say again, much ado about nothing until someone is actually bothered by an employee for OCing. Boycotting an individual store does nothing, if you (not you specifically) want to effect change, contact the Canadian corporate office & yell at someone there.

Trigger Dr

As a former employee there (4 yrs) they are OC friendly, and the sign is a "generic" version. Like someone else said, much adoo about nothing.

Lovenox

Did I miss you being elected as the thread length controller and decider of what is relevant or not? No?

Best I can tell, these threads can go on just as long as anyone wants to post and the moderators and administrators permit it.

You obviously missed the meeting where by I was duly elected "Curtailer of the Thread". You were too busy picking your nose in your parents basement watching re-runs of "All in the Family" J/K In all seriousness, just call the business and ask to clarify thier policy before we try to "out lawyer" one another. Is it that hard? Really?
Sure the sign says "We're Closed" but if the store owner lets me in...

FedwyCC

i just carried in my local wholesale sports the other day, and they made me leave my full mag with them at the customer service desk and my extra mag too...when i returned for it they had emptied all the rounds into a separate bag and gave it all back, for me to reload. i wasn't too pleased about that but i just went on without a complaint. but other then that they let me do whatever i wanted with open carrying. And as many of you have already mentioned, i do shop there often and would hate to see them loose what would be a significant amount of business if they pushed us away.

Lovenox

i just carried in my local wholesale sports the other day, and they made me leave my full mag with them at the customer service desk and my extra mag too...when i returned for it they had emptied all the rounds into a separate bag and gave it all back, for me to reload. i wasn't too pleased about that but i just went on without a complaint. but other then that they let me do whatever i wanted with open carrying. And as many of you have already mentioned, i do shop there often and would hate to see them loose what would be a significant amount of business if they pushed us away.

Thats contradictory to what they told me. The only reason they would make you unload it if you were trying a holster..and on top of that they told me you would have to unload it outside and leave the ammo in your car. Hmmmmmm...were you trying holster?

but other then that they let me do whatever i wanted with open carrying.

So as far reality is concerned you might as well have been carrying a water pistol.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Holy smokes....

Every month 6-10 of us go into the Federal Way Wholesale Sports OC and shop for 30 minutes or so. Never has a word been said as to how we carry. Why? Because we carry, the firearms never come out of their holster to try a holster or other accessory.

If you go in CC, why would you leave anything with them?????

Trigger Dr

Federal Way store is the US field office for Wholesale Sports. I suggest that you contact Nicole Vannatter
nicole.vannatter@wholesalesports.com. Nicole is the HRO manager for all the US stores. Please DO NOT mention my name. I presently have an Federal EEO complaint for age discrimination filed against them.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Federal Way store is the US field office for Wholesale Sports. I suggest that you contact Nicole Vannatter
nicole.vannatter@wholesalesports.com. Nicole is the HRO manager for all the US stores. Please DO NOT mention my name. I presently have an Federal EEO complaint for age discrimination filed against them.

Many of us have OC'd @ the Federal Way store, after the 2nd Saturday meets with no problem. I think this entire thread is "much ado about nothing".

FedwyCC

Thats contradictory to what they told me. The only reason they would make you unload it if you were trying a holster..and on top of that they told me you would have to unload it outside and leave the ammo in your car. Hmmmmmm...were you trying holster?

So as far reality is concerned you might as well have been carrying a water pistol.

i wasn't trying a holster i was buying some rounds and just looking around and killing time...but i just played nice and gave up my two mags which were loaded when i gave them to them, proved that it was cleared and when i came back to claim them, the guy at the customer service counter had emptied the rounds into a plastic bag. and gave me the bag and two empty mags. and yes the fact that i was carrying around an empty 1911 crossed my mind more then once in there, and made me wonder what the point of carrying at all was if you couldn't even be allowed to use it in the right situation.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
i wasn't trying a holster i was buying some rounds and just looking around and killing time...but i just played nice and gave up my two mags which were loaded when i gave them to them, proved that it was cleared and when i came back to claim them, the guy at the customer service counter had emptied the rounds into a plastic bag. and gave me the bag and two empty mags. and yes the fact that i was carrying around an empty 1911 crossed my mind more then once in there, and made me wonder what the point of carrying at all was if you couldn't even be allowed to use it in the right situation.

And then you wonder....
Do they have a bullet trap to safely unload in a public place....
Why would they place themselves in a place of liability handling someones personal property....

Mainsail

I've been told I needed to disarm, have my gun tie-wrapped, or leave Cabela's seven or eight times now. I was told to leave TWICE by two different people in one visit- the same day we were meeting there! There were five or six of us open carry in the store, I was told to leave twice.

I politely asked for the manager; I never left and I never had my gun tie-wrapped.

Not every employee knows or understands the policy.