Thread: Did anyone notice....???

Did anyone notice....???

Of all the 1st responder's who where hailed as hero's by Obama during last nights memorial event... Joe Zamudio (the only one who was armed) was not. Joe was right there in the front row... blue shirt w/VIP badge on his pocket.

Political correctness again? Obama would have had to recognize an LAC who has publicly stated his intent was to (quote: ) 'kill him' in reference to Jared Loughner. I was greatly dissapointed by this obvious and deliberate omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Of all the 1st responder's who where hailed as hero's by Obama during last nights memorial event... Joe Zamudio (the only one who was armed) was not. Joe was right there in the front row... blue shirt w/VIP badge on his pocket.

Political correctness again? Obama would have had to recognize an LAC who has publicly stated his intent was to (quote: ) 'kill him' in reference to Jared Loughner. I was greatly dissapointed by this obvious and deliberate omission.
    No. As soon as I saw Obama on the TV, I changed channels.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Hay Sonora Rebel, I don`t watch TV. but I am aware that there is such a thing, I read all my news on line, and occasionally watch a video of a news story. But as for Obama, or any of his staff, I would not doubt it at all, they don`t like the Constitution, unless it fits their purpose. Thinks for noticing and telling the rest of us.

I do believe the people who helped subdue Loughner were heros.

I also think the term 'hero' is thrown around way too much though. I saw one news report interviewing one of the sugeons working on the congresswoman and they referred to him as a hero. I am sorry but that just doesn't qualify as hero status in my book. My wife is a surgeon's nurse and even she thought it was a little too much and kind of goofy on the media person's part. Respectable, sure but not hero. Now if bombs were falling all around or an imminent tornado strike was about to occur and the man sticks by his patient and doesn't seek shelter, call him a hero. If the man gives up his salary to go to some third world country and give a year of his time to help with the medical needs of refugees, that's a hero in my book.

I don't even consider adults diving in icy water or running into a burning house to save their own family members as heroes but I've heard them sometimes referred to as such. Risking life and limb to save a stranger or a neighbor or making incredible sacrifices with your time and money to help people who are in need that you owe nothing to, yeah, I could label that heroic.

As occasionally happens, I think you've got a point here.

I prefer getting my news from you. :-p