Thread: State Prison Population Declines

State Prison Population Declines

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

A friend of mine is a parole officer and has been lamenting the release of all these convicts. A lot of them aren't the occasional pot smoker or candy bar thief, they are hardened criminals that are being put back on our streets. There has been increased gang activity on northern Wisconsin Indian reservations due to the release of adult gang members coming in to recruit 10-14 yr. old kids. The initiations for gang membership has gotten much more violent with injury to a person and not just a break in (like in the good old days).

"Gov. Jim Doyle's early release program is credited with reducing the prison population by about 390 inmates since it began in October 2009."

So how is this story a good thing? Oh yeah, victims are only getting limited justice that they deserve. Early release? how about a "Throw Away The Key Program" for repeat offenders? I forgot crime and punishment are no longer talking to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    "Gov. Jim Doyle's early release program is credited with reducing the prison population by about 390 inmates since it began in October 2009."

So how is this story a good thing? Oh yeah, victims are only getting limited justice that they deserve. Early release? how about a "Throw Away The Key Program" for repeat offenders? I forgot crime and punishment are no longer talking to one another.
    We need to re-institute capital punishment in this state.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)