• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Prison Population Declines

Cobbersmom

A friend of mine is a parole officer and has been lamenting the release of all these convicts. A lot of them aren't the occasional pot smoker or candy bar thief, they are hardened criminals that are being put back on our streets. There has been increased gang activity on northern Wisconsin Indian reservations due to the release of adult gang members coming in to recruit 10-14 yr. old kids. The initiations for gang membership has gotten much more violent with injury to a person and not just a break in (like in the good old days).

Cobra469

"Gov. Jim Doyle's early release program is credited with reducing the prison population by about 390 inmates since it began in October 2009."

So how is this story a good thing? Oh yeah, victims are only getting limited justice that they deserve. Early release? how about a "Throw Away The Key Program" for repeat offenders? I forgot crime and punishment are no longer talking to one another.

protias

"Gov. Jim Doyle's early release program is credited with reducing the prison population by about 390 inmates since it began in October 2009."

So how is this story a good thing? Oh yeah, victims are only getting limited justice that they deserve. Early release? how about a "Throw Away The Key Program" for repeat offenders? I forgot crime and punishment are no longer talking to one another.

We need to re-institute capital punishment in this state.