• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Members of Congress proposing new gun laws

5o56x45

Do you think it should be against the law to carry a gun near federal officials?
Vote on North West Cable News.

http://www.nwcn.com/community/blogs...y-a-gun-near-federal-officials-113445849.html

On what little bit of the news that I saw they mentioned an assault weapon ban, more strict background checks, something about the gun show loophole and the thing about it being against the law to carry a firearm within 1000 feet of a federal official (but don't quote me on the 1000 ft thing).

tombrewster421

How is anyone to be expected to know that a federal official is near by? What if I was getting my groceries at Safeway and then they showed up before I left? Just seems a little hard to enforce. Maybe they should just carry guns instead.

jt59

How is anyone to be expected to know that a federal official is near by? What if I was getting my groceries at Safeway and then they showed up before I left? Just seems a little hard to enforce. Maybe they should just carry guns instead.

That is being proposed by some legislators as well....a much better idea. The 1,000 foot limit bill is being floated by one of the guys from New York....that is already anti...I would be surprised if any of this got much traction.....although I think all our legislators should carry, openly, constitutionally!

Freedom First

Don't count on overturning!

It's ridiculous. Hopefully it'll be overturned.

Work TODAY to PREVENT the stupid laws being passed in the first place! You go to a lot of trouble and thought in OCing, why not spend some of that effort in ensuring that your 2A is preserved INTACT?

Calling you Reps is very easy. Use your 1A protected voice and make is clear respectfully, "I would like the Congressman/Senator to understand that I still stand for the Second Amendment and the Rights protected in Section 1, Article 24 of the Washington State Constitution. Do not violate the word or intent of the Framers of these Documents. I would like a reply from the Congressman describing his/her stance on this issue please."

They will need your address and phone number. Give it and follow up with them in a week. Make 6 calls: 2 Senators, 1 Congressman, 2 State Legislators and 1 Governor. it will take 30 minutes. You clean your weapon to protect it, why not protect your Right to have it?

They may ignore us for a time but we do need to function within the system while it exists. Silence equals assent in their minds.

FMCDH

We should just make it illegal to murder people. . . that would get to the root of the problem.

That's an ingenious idea! You are so much smarter than those law makers, after your "no murdering" law passes, no one will EVER get murdered again, and it covers EVERYONE, even the crazy people and the criminal minded. They would never think about breaking THAT law.

<fun with sarcasm off> ;)

Thanks for that G20, if you hadn't said it, I would have. :D

dwordinger

We currently have over 10,000 gun control laws that don't reduce crime and some of them demonstrably increase crime rates. But I'm sure just one more law will turn everything around. Just one more law making it illegal for federal politicians to be within 1000 feet of an armed citizen. On the outside chance this doesn't work, make it illegal for them to be within 1000 feet of any citizen.

5o56x45

Work TODAY to PREVENT the stupid laws being passed in the first place! You go to a lot of trouble and thought in OCing, why not spend some of that effort in ensuring that your 2A is preserved INTACT?

Calling you Reps is very easy. Use your 1A protected voice and make is clear respectfully, "I would like the Congressman/Senator to understand that I still stand for the Second Amendment and the Rights protected in Section 1, Article 24 of the Washington State Constitution. Do not violate the word or intent of the Framers of these Documents. I would like a reply from the Congressman describing his/her stance on this issue please."

They will need your address and phone number. Give it and follow up with them in a week. Make 6 calls: 2 Senators, 1 Congressman, 2 State Legislators and 1 Governor. it will take 30 minutes. You clean your weapon to protect it, why not protect your Right to have it?

They may ignore us for a time but we do need to function within the system while it exists. Silence equals assent in their minds.

Looks like that 1A thing is under attack as well...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/462240-New_Bill_Targets_Gun_Related_Images_Speech.php