• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discovered an oversight while preparing for lobby day

possumboy

I OC so much that I rarely even carry my CHP - I rarely even carry ID unless I think I will need it. Well, in getting ready for Lobby Day, I discovered that my CHP had expired in December of 2010.

So, my memory is that a CHP is required to carry in the building on Lobby Day. Is that a valid memory?

Also, anyone know if I need to treat my application as a new application, or can it be submitted has a renewal? My CHP is not really valid anymore.

wylde007

Your memory is valid.

Since your permit has functionally expired then I do not believe you are "legal" until you receive the new one.

I know when I went to renew my expired DL last year I had to take my passport or birth certificate with me.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Also, anyone know if I need to treat my application as a new application, or can it be submitted has a renewal? My CHP is not really valid anymore.

I. Persons who previously have held a concealed handgun permit shall be issued, upon application as provided in subsection D, and upon receipt by the circuit court of criminal history record information as provided in subsection D, a new five-year permit unless it is found that the applicant is subject to any of the disqualifications set forth in subsection E. Persons who previously have been issued a concealed handgun permit pursuant to subsection D shall not be required to appear in person to apply for a new five-year permit pursuant to this subsection, and the application for the new permit may be submitted via the United States mail. The circuit court that receives the application shall promptly notify an applicant if the application is incomplete or if the fee submitted for the permit pursuant to subsection K is incorrect. If the new five-year permit is issued while an existing permit remains valid, the new five-year permit shall become effective upon the expiration date of the existing permit, provided that the application is received by the court at least 90 days but no more than 180 days prior to the expiration of the existing permit. If the circuit court denies the permit, the specific reasons for the denial shall be stated in the order of the court denying the permit. Upon denial of the application, the clerk shall provide the person with notice, in writing, of his right to an ore tenus hearing. Upon request of the applicant made within 21 days, the court shall place the matter on the docket for an ore tenus hearing. The applicant may be represented by counsel, but counsel shall not be appointed, and the rules of evidence shall apply. The final order of the court shall include the court's findings of fact and conclusions of law.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You're little people again:lol:

Don't worry. Some of us will have empty holsters.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
You're little people again:lol:

Don't worry. Some of us will have empty holsters.

Girl-child with no CHP (lazy, lazy girl -- hasn't taken the time in Texas) will be wearing a holster that holds a pocket copy of the Constitution.