Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 3rd new gun control bill introduced-gun shows

  1. #1
    Regular Member detroit_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Monroe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,196

    3rd new gun control bill introduced-gun shows

    So we have a bill to limit magazines @ 10 rds, a bill to prohibit carry within 1000ft of a Congress member, and this one to end gun show sales(even though the gunman didn't buy from a gun show and passed background check) .

    ALL 3 bills have been introduced by NEW YORK politicians, go figure.

    snip

    Rep. Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, is the third congressman to propose a gun control bill in the wake of the murders on Saturday. (The other two are also New Yorkers.)

    His bill seeks to accomplish a goal other gun control advocates have tried and failed to do in recent years: close the "fire sale loophole," which permits unauthorized gun dealers to sell firearms at gun shows and allows buyers to purchase them without an otherwise mandatory FBI background check.

    snip

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/n...son-shootings/

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    So we have a bill to limit magazines @ 10 rds, a bill to prohibit carry within 1000ft of a Congress member, and this one to end gun show sales(even though the gunman didn't buy from a gun show and passed background check) .

    ALL 3 bills have been introduced by NEW YORK politicians, go figure.

    snip

    Rep. Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, is the third congressman to propose a gun control bill in the wake of the murders on Saturday. (The other two are also New Yorkers.)

    His bill seeks to accomplish a goal other gun control advocates have tried and failed to do in recent years: close the "fire sale loophole," which permits unauthorized gun dealers to sell firearms at gun shows and allows buyers to purchase them without an otherwise mandatory FBI background check.

    snip

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/n...son-shootings/
    These have a real chance of getting out of committee with 258 House members rated A or better by the NRA and the Judiciary Chairman, R, TX, saying "we don't need any more gun laws."

  3. #3
    Regular Member NHCGRPR45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI
    Posts
    1,137
    I don't know they may get something past with all the crap and pressure thats going on. This seems like the most likely thing they could get past with back room deals and public support by the ignorant. Just sayin.

    And another thing that worries me is the silence I am hearing from some of the real Anti's schumer and a few others. Personally I believe I have heard more ranting from far less serious issues than what happened in Arizona.

    And the silence from the White House makes my skin crawl, Obama is no friend to us as gun owners but what has he really said about this? A whole lot of nothing, that terrifies me. IMO When your enemies stop shooting constant fire, it usually means they are pulling back for the carpet bombing thats on its way!

    We need to be more on our guard now than ever before! We are very strong right now as far as gun rights are concerned and we have a good situation in the congress also, but this type of thing could toss the holy handgrenade of crap right on top of us.
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 01-13-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

    Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Bailenforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    City
    Posts
    1,077
    I wonder how many on this site and all the other states listed in these forums will take on lousy minute of their life to call or write the congressman? I am betting less than 1% and I am in that 1% already.



    Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    I don't know they may get something past with all the crap and pressure thats going on. This seems like the most likely thing they could get past with back room deals and public support by the ignorant. Just sayin.

    And another thing that worries me is the silence I am hearing from some of the real Anti's schumer and a few others. Personally I believe I have heard more ranting from far less serious issues than what happened in Arizona.

    And the silence from the White House makes my skin crawl, Obama is no friend to us as gun owners but what has he really said about this? A whole lot of nothing, that terrifies me. IMO When your enemies stop shooting constant fire, it usually means they are pulling back for the carpet bombing thats on its way!

    We need to be more on our guard now than ever before! We are very strong right now as far as gun rights are concerned and we have a good situation in the congress also, but this type of thing could toss the holy handgrenade of crap right on top of us.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

  5. #5
    Regular Member NHCGRPR45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI
    Posts
    1,137
    I have already written mine.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

    Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756
    Many letters.... few intelligent responses.......... such is how it is ....
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clio, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    I wonder how many on this site and all the other states listed in these forums will take on lousy minute of their life to call or write the congressman? I am betting less than 1% and I am in that 1% already.
    Did you Email or send regular mail? either way could you PM me the address so I can do so as well any info would be helpful, thanks

    Devery

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arizona, ,
    Posts
    431
    so what is this gun show loophole? I am guessing they don't do background checks at a gunshow if you don't have a CPL?

  9. #9
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    so what is this gun show loophole? I am guessing they don't do background checks at a gunshow if you don't have a CPL?
    Private sales between individuals.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arizona, ,
    Posts
    431
    I thought with private sales you still need a purchase permit, or a CPL?

  11. #11
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    I thought with private sales you still need a purchase permit, or a CPL?
    1. That's a State permit, not a Federal one.
    2. No permit needed for long arms.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arizona, ,
    Posts
    431
    ah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •