Thread: 3rd new gun control bill introduced-gun shows

3rd new gun control bill introduced-gun shows

So we have a bill to limit magazines @ 10 rds, a bill to prohibit carry within 1000ft of a Congress member, and this one to end gun show sales(even though the gunman didn't buy from a gun show and passed background check) .

ALL 3 bills have been introduced by NEW YORK politicians, go figure.

snip

Rep. Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, is the third congressman to propose a gun control bill in the wake of the murders on Saturday. (The other two are also New Yorkers.)

His bill seeks to accomplish a goal other gun control advocates have tried and failed to do in recent years: close the "fire sale loophole," which permits unauthorized gun dealers to sell firearms at gun shows and allows buyers to purchase them without an otherwise mandatory FBI background check.

snip

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/n...son-shootings/

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    So we have a bill to limit magazines @ 10 rds, a bill to prohibit carry within 1000ft of a Congress member, and this one to end gun show sales(even though the gunman didn't buy from a gun show and passed background check) .

ALL 3 bills have been introduced by NEW YORK politicians, go figure.

snip

Rep. Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, is the third congressman to propose a gun control bill in the wake of the murders on Saturday. (The other two are also New Yorkers.)

His bill seeks to accomplish a goal other gun control advocates have tried and failed to do in recent years: close the "fire sale loophole," which permits unauthorized gun dealers to sell firearms at gun shows and allows buyers to purchase them without an otherwise mandatory FBI background check.

snip

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/n...son-shootings/
    These have a real chance of getting out of committee with 258 House members rated A or better by the NRA and the Judiciary Chairman, R, TX, saying "we don't need any more gun laws."

I don't know they may get something past with all the crap and pressure thats going on. This seems like the most likely thing they could get past with back room deals and public support by the ignorant. Just sayin.

And another thing that worries me is the silence I am hearing from some of the real Anti's schumer and a few others. Personally I believe I have heard more ranting from far less serious issues than what happened in Arizona.

And the silence from the White House makes my skin crawl, Obama is no friend to us as gun owners but what has he really said about this? A whole lot of nothing, that terrifies me. IMO When your enemies stop shooting constant fire, it usually means they are pulling back for the carpet bombing thats on its way!

We need to be more on our guard now than ever before! We are very strong right now as far as gun rights are concerned and we have a good situation in the congress also, but this type of thing could toss the holy handgrenade of crap right on top of us.
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 01-13-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

I wonder how many on this site and all the other states listed in these forums will take on lousy minute of their life to call or write the congressman? I am betting less than 1% and I am in that 1% already.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    I don't know they may get something past with all the crap and pressure thats going on. This seems like the most likely thing they could get past with back room deals and public support by the ignorant. Just sayin.

And another thing that worries me is the silence I am hearing from some of the real Anti's schumer and a few others. Personally I believe I have heard more ranting from far less serious issues than what happened in Arizona.

And the silence from the White House makes my skin crawl, Obama is no friend to us as gun owners but what has he really said about this? A whole lot of nothing, that terrifies me. IMO When your enemies stop shooting constant fire, it usually means they are pulling back for the carpet bombing thats on its way!

We need to be more on our guard now than ever before! We are very strong right now as far as gun rights are concerned and we have a good situation in the congress also, but this type of thing could toss the holy handgrenade of crap right on top of us.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

I have already written mine.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Many letters.... few intelligent responses.......... such is how it is ....
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    I wonder how many on this site and all the other states listed in these forums will take on lousy minute of their life to call or write the congressman? I am betting less than 1% and I am in that 1% already.
    Did you Email or send regular mail? either way could you PM me the address so I can do so as well any info would be helpful, thanks

Devery

so what is this gun show loophole? I am guessing they don't do background checks at a gunshow if you don't have a CPL?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    so what is this gun show loophole? I am guessing they don't do background checks at a gunshow if you don't have a CPL?
    Private sales between individuals.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I thought with private sales you still need a purchase permit, or a CPL?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    I thought with private sales you still need a purchase permit, or a CPL?
    1. That's a State permit, not a Federal one.
    2. No permit needed for long arms.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

ah