• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd new gun control bill introduced-gun shows

detroit_fan

So we have a bill to limit magazines @ 10 rds, a bill to prohibit carry within 1000ft of a Congress member, and this one to end gun show sales(even though the gunman didn't buy from a gun show and passed background check) .

ALL 3 bills have been introduced by NEW YORK politicians, go figure.

snip

Rep. Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, is the third congressman to propose a gun control bill in the wake of the murders on Saturday. (The other two are also New Yorkers.)

His bill seeks to accomplish a goal other gun control advocates have tried and failed to do in recent years: close the "fire sale loophole," which permits unauthorized gun dealers to sell firearms at gun shows and allows buyers to purchase them without an otherwise mandatory FBI background check.

snip

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/ny-dem-proposes-guncontrol-bill-tucson-shootings/

Gunslinger

So we have a bill to limit magazines @ 10 rds, a bill to prohibit carry within 1000ft of a Congress member, and this one to end gun show sales(even though the gunman didn't buy from a gun show and passed background check) .

ALL 3 bills have been introduced by NEW YORK politicians, go figure.

snip

Rep. Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, is the third congressman to propose a gun control bill in the wake of the murders on Saturday. (The other two are also New Yorkers.)

His bill seeks to accomplish a goal other gun control advocates have tried and failed to do in recent years: close the "fire sale loophole," which permits unauthorized gun dealers to sell firearms at gun shows and allows buyers to purchase them without an otherwise mandatory FBI background check.

snip

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/ny-dem-proposes-guncontrol-bill-tucson-shootings/

These have a real chance of getting out of committee with 258 House members rated A or better by the NRA and the Judiciary Chairman, R, TX, saying "we don't need any more gun laws."

NHCGRPR45

I don't know they may get something past with all the crap and pressure thats going on. This seems like the most likely thing they could get past with back room deals and public support by the ignorant. Just sayin.

And another thing that worries me is the silence I am hearing from some of the real Anti's schumer and a few others. Personally I believe I have heard more ranting from far less serious issues than what happened in Arizona.

And the silence from the White House makes my skin crawl, Obama is no friend to us as gun owners but what has he really said about this? A whole lot of nothing, that terrifies me. IMO When your enemies stop shooting constant fire, it usually means they are pulling back for the carpet bombing thats on its way!

We need to be more on our guard now than ever before! We are very strong right now as far as gun rights are concerned and we have a good situation in the congress also, but this type of thing could toss the holy handgrenade of crap right on top of us.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

I wonder how many on this site and all the other states listed in these forums will take on lousy minute of their life to call or write the congressman? I am betting less than 1% and I am in that 1% already.

I don't know they may get something past with all the crap and pressure thats going on. This seems like the most likely thing they could get past with back room deals and public support by the ignorant. Just sayin.

And another thing that worries me is the silence I am hearing from some of the real Anti's schumer and a few others. Personally I believe I have heard more ranting from far less serious issues than what happened in Arizona.

And the silence from the White House makes my skin crawl, Obama is no friend to us as gun owners but what has he really said about this? A whole lot of nothing, that terrifies me. IMO When your enemies stop shooting constant fire, it usually means they are pulling back for the carpet bombing thats on its way!

We need to be more on our guard now than ever before! We are very strong right now as far as gun rights are concerned and we have a good situation in the congress also, but this type of thing could toss the holy handgrenade of crap right on top of us.

B

Bikenut

Many letters.... few intelligent responses.......... such is how it is ....

manicdevery

I wonder how many on this site and all the other states listed in these forums will take on lousy minute of their life to call or write the congressman? I am betting less than 1% and I am in that 1% already.

Did you Email or send regular mail? either way could you PM me the address so I can do so as well any info would be helpful, thanks

Devery

jeremy05

so what is this gun show loophole? I am guessing they don't do background checks at a gunshow if you don't have a CPL?