• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspect shot after trying to rob Vegas bar

Nevada carrier

Should we all write to the owner and give the employee an 'at a'boy? Also, I'm wondering if the employee has been terminated. if they have been, I would like to know so I can avoid their establishment.

Nevada carrier

I decided to take a trip out there (OC of course). It's not close to me, but it is on my side of town. The bartender in question was not working, however another bartender who knew a few facts was. He related to me that the bartender shot the suspect with nine millimeter rounds. He fired nine rounds, four connected. It is my opinion that luck as well as caliber are why the suspect survived. While I do believe nine millimeter rounds are an effective caliber, they are the smallest caliber on my list of effective choices.

Now, the most important fact I discovered. THE BARTENDER WAS NOT FIRED! According to the bartender I spoke with, His employer has no objection to their employees being lawfully armed. again, The bartender IS STILL EMPLOYED!

The bartender I spoke with was unaware that a photo of the suspect was made public, nor was he aware that the media has published the first and last name of the bartender who shot the suspect. I did relate to the bartender on duty that I was displeased with the publishing of the name of the bartender who shot the suspect, as it is no ones business who does and does not have a CCW and definitely no one's business who carries a firearm concealed unless they choose to make that information public knowledge.

Sabotage70

Did you find it is an OC friendly place? Do they have food? Maybe a good place to meet for our March OC lunch get-together?

I can't remember if I've OC'ed in there or not. And yes they have food and it's good. The chicken fried chicken is the best.
Me and my wife go out for breakfast at least once a month. We usually go there or "The Montana Meat Company" on Blue Diamond and Durango.

Nevada carrier

Well, the crappy thing is, the family could now sue the bartender for wrongful death, but since he lived for almost two weeks after being shot, they would have a hard time getting that on. When Abe Lincoln died, John Wilkes Booth was quoted saying, "I didn't kill him, I just shot him; the doctors killed him."

At least we wont have to waste tax payer money rehabilitating, trying and incarcerating this piece of garbage.