• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are women who carry viewed differently than men who carry?

Alexandria

I strongly desire for more women to carry and have the attitude of self preservation you do. In my observations women tend to be "victims" of crime much more often than men.

Thank you. I have to agree with you because many people see women as being more vulnerable. Although, I have absolutely no problem shooting and killing someone if it is down to my life or theirs. It is that "macho" attitude. lol.
That's why in fact I hope to relocate to an OC state, because I feel that people seeing a gun will deter crime more than having it concealed in case I actually need it to defend. Plus, playing with holsters to see how I can conceal it is annoying. Men have it so much easier when it comes to concealing it *sigh*.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thank you. I have to agree with you because many people see women as being more vulnerable. Although, I have absolutely no problem shooting and killing someone if it is down to my life or theirs. It is that "macho" attitude. lol.
That's why in fact I hope to relocate to an OC state, because I feel that people seeing a gun will deter crime more than having it concealed in case I actually need it to defend. Plus, playing with holsters to see how I can conceal it is annoying. Men have it so much easier when it comes to concealing it *sigh*.

I think my favorite response to "why do you carry" is simply that criminals prey on the weak and unprotected. When they see me carrying a gun, they know I'm neither.

As a middle-aged, fat woman, I could be easy prey. But I refuse to be.

Alexandria

I think my favorite response to "why do you carry" is simply that criminals prey on the weak and unprotected. When they see me carrying a gun, they know I'm neither.

As a middle-aged, fat woman, I could be easy prey. But I refuse to be.

Absolutely. Another woman that I know told me she carries a hunting knife for protection. But i feel that I don't want to get close enough to someone to stab them plus there is a chance that they could pin me and turn that knife on me.

Virginian683

A woman is definitely less likely to provoke an aggressive, confrontational reaction, IMHO. With a guy carrying, there are some males who perceive the open sight of a weapon as threatening to their masculinity, ("What, do you have to make up for a tiny _____" etc.). Most of them have infantile personalities themselves.

sudden valley gunner

A woman is definitely less likely to provoke an aggressive, confrontational reaction, IMHO. With a guy carrying, there are some males who perceive the open sight of a weapon as threatening to their masculinity, ("What, do you have to make up for a tiny _____" etc.). Most of them have infantile personalities themselves.

My wife made the observation that it is the "mokes" big tuff guys that look like they are always looking for a fight that seem the most perturbed by my carrying.

Alexandria move to Washington we are very OC friendly. And have several female carriers as well. One actually had to use hers in self defense a few years ago (although I believe she was CC at the time.).

Alexandria

My wife made the observation that it is the "mokes" big tuff guys that look like they are always looking for a fight that seem the most perturbed by my carrying.

Alexandria move to Washington we are very OC friendly. And have several female carriers as well. One actually had to use hers in self defense a few years ago (although I believe she was CC at the time.).

I might have to look there. I planned on moving to NJ if my Company would give me a transfer but after I saw their gun laws, lets just say hell no. I used to think I will go where the pay is better, but now I am definitely leaning towards OC friendly states.

sudden valley gunner

I might have to look there. I planned on moving to NJ if my Company would give me a transfer but after I saw their gun laws, lets just say hell no. I used to think I will go where the pay is better, but now I am definitely leaning towards OC friendly states.

More than welcome to visit our thread and even talk to folks about what you do, you never know who is connected to what, and can help you out. I wish you luck in what ever direction life takes you.