Thread: Brady Bunch will be at the General Assembly on Lobby Day!

Thumbs down Brady Bunch will be at the General Assembly on Lobby Day!

Dear T Dubya,

This Monday, January 17, please join the Virginia Million Mom March Chapters, Brady Campaign, Virginia Center for Public Safety, and others at our annual Advocacy Day in Richmond.

After the tragic events in Arizona this past weekend, we're reminded how important it is to talk with our state legislators about enacting sensible gun laws.

WHEN:
    Monday, January 17, 2011
    12:30-2:30 PM: Screening of the documentary Living for 32
    2:30-3:00 PM: Legislative Briefing
    3:00-4:00 PM: Vigil at the Bell Tower on State Capitol grounds
    4:00-6:00 PM: Meet with legislators inside General Assembly building

WHERE:
    The film screening and the Legislative Briefing will be at the Richmond YWCA.
    Click here to see the event location.

Looking at their timing, we'll have gotten our licks in first.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fgburner View Post
    Looking at their timing, we'll have gotten our licks in first.
    I don't have a dog in that hunt (from Alabama), but I'd strongly advise y'all to stick around to be able to counteract any of the Brady propaganda that is sure to come from this.

Don't think we've got a similar event here in Montgomery, but I sure wish we did. As it is, we'll just continue to plug along trying to get some changes out of our legislature.

[QUOTE=SFCRetired;1442772t I'd strongly advise y'all to stick around to be able to counteract any of the Brady propaganda that is sure to come from this.
    [/QUOTE]

I just like to stick around so I can use them as photo back drops when I open carry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opencarry .jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	4977  

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    Dear T Dubya,

This Monday, January 17, please join the Virginia Million Mom March Chapters, Brady Campaign, Virginia Center for Public Safety, and others at our annual Advocacy Day in Richmond.

After the tragic events in Arizona this past weekend, we're reminded how important it is to talk with our state legislators about enacting sensible gun laws.

WHEN:
    Monday, January 17, 2011
    12:30-2:30 PM: Screening of the documentary Living for 32
    2:30-3:00 PM: Legislative Briefing
    3:00-4:00 PM: Vigil at the Bell Tower on State Capitol grounds
    4:00-6:00 PM: Meet with legislators inside General Assembly building

WHERE:
    The film screening and the Legislative Briefing will be at the Richmond YWCA.
    Click here to see the event location.
    You missed the rest of the email:

6:00-7:00 PM: Colin Goddard will have a book signing for his new book entitled:
    "Playing Dead for Dummies, tales of a professional victim".
    7:00-8:00 PM: Educational seminar entitled: Victimhood - A life choice?
    Minimal refreshments will be served.
    8:00-8:30 PM: Live demonstration of the new iPhone app, iVictim, that speed dials 911 and instantly changes your facebook status to 'VICTIM'.

Who is Colin Goddard:
    The son of international aid workers who was born in Kenya and lived in Somalia, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Egypt, where he graduated high school, and had spent just six years living in the United States, he chose Virginia Tech in part because it had so many foreign students.
    From: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...-goddard_N.htm

I wonder if that guy has even read the US Constitution.

Cool heads will prevail

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    I just like to stick around so I can use them as photo back drops when I open carry.
    That would make a great pic! However, we (all of us) need to maintain our calm decorum and not let ourselves be drawn into a urinating contest by their vitriol. You know they will accuse us of anything that comes to their small minds, including bestiality with the capital squirrels. If we react with smiles and compliments they will fall on their own swords (double entendres are approved if sufficiently vague and viscious )'~P

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I don't have a dog in that hunt (from Alabama), but I'd strongly advise y'all to stick around to be able to counteract any of the Brady propaganda that is sure to come from this.
    I'd strongly advise against it so that when the numbers are reported for how many people attended to support which side of the issue (liberty or victim, you pick) you will not be inadvertently counted among them.

Last year was, well... just kinda sad. There were at least a thousand between the 10th Amendment group, the Firearms Freedom and Health Care Freedom groups and VCDL.

Victimhood, Inc. had about 25-50, depending on when you counted.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyGun View Post
    8:00-8:30 PM: Live demonstration of the new iPhone app, iVictim, that speed dials 911 and instantly changes your facebook status to 'VICTIM'
    Hahaha - that's just plain ridiculous.

"Wait Mr. Murderer/Robber - don't kill me yet...I'll give you my wallet and ATM PIN in a moment...I just need to find where I installed the iVictim app first so I can post my status!"
    Last edited by VGOF; 01-13-2011 at 10:48 PM.

8:00-8:30 PM: Live demonstration of the new iPhone app, iVictim, that speed dials 911 and instantly changes your facebook status to 'VICTIM'.

He admits to choosing to be a victim and appears to want us all to be victims. I choose to carry a gun and refuse to be a victim. I just can't understand the mentality of choosing to be a victim when you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercarrier View Post
    Will there be Kool-Aid?
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

They will show a new film

He admits to choosing to be a victim and appears to want us all to be victims. I choose to carry a gun and refuse to be a victim. I just can't understand the mentality of choosing to be a victim when you don't have to.
    Seriously, they have submitted this propaganda to the Academy Awards for a nomination:

Living for 32

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Fixed it for Ole Colin:

Dummies Playing Dead.

I think it was Lobby Day 3 years ago when I saw Colin walking around with a sign. I asked him where he got his facts. He told me he got them from various sources. I asked if he had specific sources and he said no.
    I told him he didn't know what the Hell he was talking about then, and should go home.

One of the SCCC bunch jumped in and said "Oh no, he didn't mean that'. I think my comment was "The Hell I didn't"!

The only good thing about Colin spending all his time with this, is that he may not have time reproduce.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-15-2011 at 02:30 PM.

The only good thing about Colin spending all his time with this, is that he may not have time reproduce.
    [/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Let's hope so.

You missed the rest of the email:

While my initial intent to write that was to be humorous, I now realize that it is so close to being true that it really isn't that funny. I think I may have actually helped them write the itinerary for 2012.

The iPhone iVictim app: It dials 911 faster than a speeding bullet.

While my initial intent to write that was to be humorous, I now realize that it is so close to being true that it really isn't that funny. I think I may have actually helped them write the itinerary for 2012.

The iPhone iVictim app: It dials 911 faster than a speeding bullet.
    And it's more powerful than your loco motive.

... I just can't understand the mentality of choosing to be a victim when you don't have to.
    Maybe it pays better?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Maybe it pays better?
    You certainly can't beat the free publicity.

What is all the more sad is that with as many leftist rags (Roanoke Times, RTD, Va Pilot, WaPo) out there spouting blatant lies and twisting facts to suit the anti agenda they STILL can't produce more than a 50:1 ratio of support from their potential victim pool when the rubber meets the road.

As much publicity and hyperbole is flung about in defense of "reasonable gun control" (farce) the only time we see these anti-LIBERTY loonies out in any real force is when one of their precious gun-free zones is violated by a murderous lunatic - after which they shout "See! See! More gun control would have prevented this!"

Which, of course, is a fargan lie.

Then they retreat to the pretend safety of their own private gun-free zones which, of course, will NEVER be violated by criminals because, like, criminals obey the law and stuff.

See you tomorrow morning!
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

What i always find disturbing about these issues with the aftereffect of shootings of how the cops rushing in with the guns are never called out.

Whenever someone commits a crime with a gun, it is always the guns fault. But when the heroes are rushing in armed to save the day, it is never the gun that is praised or said to have leveled the playing field, but the man behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    COLIN GODDARD IS A PAID FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE OF THE BRADY CAMPAIGN

(just in case those in the media think he does it on his own time)
    I like this because it is a fact. Opinions can be great, too.

I really do understand the temptation, but I cringe as I read some of the personal attacks on Colin here. First, you are providing fodder for those who oppose us. We know for a fact that several of those who oppose the second amendment read this board. The personal attacks are also unnecesary when the facts are on our side. And its simply mean-spirited - if Colin wants to reproduce, I hardly see how that's my business.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SicSemperTyrannis View Post
    And its simply mean-spirited - if Colin wants to reproduce, I hardly see how that's my business.
    Mean spirited! Moi?
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-18-2011 at 07:03 PM.

(just in case those in the media think he does it on his own time)
    I think it should be repeated every once in a while, paid victim, it's a good job if you survive the initial interview. I wonder what other victims think about this tact? Like women who have been assaulted and they didn't like the advice given by gun control pundits and now defend themselves, but cannot if the brady bunch has its way.
    Last edited by nuc65; 01-18-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: fix quote