Thread: First open carry today...well sort of

First open carry today...well sort of

Alright, so it wasn't my first per se. I've been OCing just handful of times while taking the dog for a walk at a park in Lakewood, but my dog probably drew the attention of the few people on the trails more than me OCing.

Well today I decided would be a good day to head over to Wallyworld and pick up some much needed groceries. Since it was near 60 degrees I wasn't wearing a jacket to conceal my holstered firearm. When I arrived to the store and found a parking spot I turned on my voice recorder and put it in my front shirt pocket, just in case. When I got inside I took off my sunglasses and placed them in my pocket in front of the voice recorder, grabbed a cart and started shopping. I quickly became more comfortable and the looks of the dumbfound didn't bother me a bit.

When I was about halfway done shopping, upon exiting what I remember as the cereal aisle, a man who appeared to be a manager was in a rush for something and just about ran right into my cart. I thought for a brief moment that maybe some sheeple started to make some noise and he came over to investigate. I politely asked him to excuse me, to which he did after taking a look at either my half full cart, my firearm or both. And that was that.

I would say it was a very low key experience.

That's good to know.

What Wal-Mart was it if you don't mind me asking?

I was at the one on Wadsworth just north of Alameda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
    I was at the one on Wadsworth just north of Alameda.
    Is that in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Is that in Denver?
    Denver county ends at Sheridan. It should be Jefferson county, Lakewood city.

Edit: down south, near Fort Logan, Denver City/County extends past Sheridan, all the way to Kipling at one point. So, I wouldn't want to anyone to go OC on my word, without knowing full well whether or not they're in Denver.
    Last edited by CO-Joe; 01-14-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: info added

Quote Originally Posted by CO-Joe View Post
    Denver county ends at Sheridan. It should be Jefferson county, Lakewood city.

Edit: down south, near Fort Logan, Denver City/County extends past Sheridan, all the way to Kipling at one point. So, I wouldn't want to anyone to go OC on my word, without knowing full well whether or not they're in Denver.
    It pays to get a county map. One time I OC'd in a Village Inn on Tower Rd that I thought was outside of Denver but wasn't.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Here's a Denver street map. That WalMart is definitely in the City of Denver -- surprised me!

http://denvergov.org/denvermaps/docu...street_map.pdf

It's in Lakewood.

Walmart Supercenter Store #4284
    440 Wadsworth Blvd
    Lakewood, CO 80226
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Quote Originally Posted by entartet17 View Post
    It's in Lakewood.

Walmart Supercenter Store #4284
    440 Wadsworth Blvd
    Lakewood, CO 80226
    My bad -- sorry. I was thinking that we were talking about the one down South on Quincy, just west of Wadsworth. It has a Littleton mailing address, but it's in Denver.