• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"All Plastic" Glock

M

mattwestm

Hmmm, I wonder why I don't get my news from anything but foreign sources...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908//vp/41030180#41030180

Even if the handgun were all plastic, the bullets would be metal and would defeat the purpose of an all plastic gun. Hmm, I wonder how an all plastic barrel would hold up to ammunition. Silly MSNBC.

Everytime some nut does something with a gun, this great gun control debate gets started all over the media.

elixin77

wow... i just wasted 15 mins of my life watching her tout on and on, without backing any of her statements up. all emotion, no fact - just like every other liberal out there. :banghead:

people like her make me happy that I dont have cable. Keeps my blood pressure low :)

kellogg2185

This woman is an absolute idiot. So many stupid things spewed out of her mouth, it makes me want to go around stomping on kittens and puppies. Or at least make a mildly angry comment on an OC/2A forum.

*Insert anger and frustration* :cuss:

Somebody show this ratard how a non "cop-killer" bullet can still kill a cop/person. Does she not realize that body armor isn't infallible, and on top of that it doesn't cover 100% of the body?

And her going after Cheney? Looked to me like he pretty much stood his ground.

May her vibrator lose it's juice when she needs it most...

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

wow... i just wasted 15 mins of my life watching her tout on and on, without backing any of her statements up. all emotion, no fact - just like every other liberal out there. :banghead:

people like her make me happy that I dont have cable. Keeps my blood pressure low :)

We've been cable free for a while and been really happy. If they offered A La Carte, I would maybe reconsider, just for Outdoor Channel, IFC, and a few others. $10/month Netflix is well worth it.

And body armor is pretty much a SHFT thing. It may or may not work depending on the angle and speed of the bullet. You're still going to have a nasty bruise, but you have a better chance of surviving. Some 22 caliber rounds penetrate armor, as well as all large rifle calibers. Banning steel core 7.62x39 was useless because even the lead stuff will zip right through armor.

Last edited:

elixin77

yeah you have to get level IIIa to take a rifle shot, and that usually only stops one rifle round. Unless you get steel, but thats pretty heavy to get what you need (3/8" should stop most anything).

netflix, hulu, i don't need cable. I get better news results from online anyways. lets me read or skip some heavily biased news reporter (rachel), and find some more neutral stances

bwhunter65

She doesn't want you to do your own research she kiding me like I would trust here she iwas so full of crap. since when is a 7.62 an anti acft round lol i will not rant any more here. We know the truth here.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The words that come out of her mouth are so senseless it's not even funny... because some people out there are so ignorant that they actually believe the crap that she spews!

Hey, I saw it in a movie, so it must be true!

(This, by the way, is my mother's approach to gun knowledge. It's a major part of why I'm reluctant to teach her to shoot.)

With that said, nobody tell me I don't have a Glock 7. Because I totally do!

rotorhead

She doesn't want you to do your own research she kiding me like I would trust here she iwas so full of crap. since when is a 7.62 an anti acft round lol i will not rant any more here. We know the truth here.

hahaha that was my favorite part- the 7.62 anti-aircraft "artillery" round lol.

Normally this idiot makes me puke if I happen to come back to the tv and for some reason she's on it. I have to keep the remote handy and a bottle of Pepto at my side in case of an accidental viewing. But in this show, I could almost see that even her dumb ass didn't even believe half of what she was teleprompting to the viewers. I just had the feeling that she was trudging through the segment and stumbling over the words as fast as she could to satisfy the Elders at that network.

I mean, I know she's anti-everything that could possibly make sense, but I just had a strange feeling that this drivel was even too much for even her.

Then again, she is pretty stupid.

Dreamer

I worked for a large federal contractor for 10 years that had as one of its largest contract, a research and certification contract for DOJ/NIJ. Among the many types of equipment we certified was police body armor. I've personally seen a LOT of rounds fired into all sorts of body armor in the certification process, under very controlled conditions.

The vast majority of LEOs in the US use Level II armor. This will protect you from most handgun rounds, up to and including +P+ 9mm, however, it is not guaranteed against .357 magnum FMJ at high pressures, or .44 Magnum FMJ. And it won't do squat against ANY rifle round, including 22LR...

To get protection from rifle rounds, you need to go to Level III, but that will only protect you from REALLY slow rifle rounds. High velocity rifle rounds (high-pressure .223s, .308s, and rounds like the 6.5 Lapua) require Level IIIA or Level IV (which have rigid ballistic plates)...

So, technically, ANY current production deer rifle or decent "varmit" rifle uses "cop killer" bullets, because they will easily penetrate the body armor used by most police.

The term "cop killer bullets" is complete and utter BS. They classified the infamous "Black Talon" as a "cop killer bullet", even though the coating on the bullets was ONLY there to prevent fouling in the barrel, and to prevent corrosion on the bullets during long-term storage, or exposure to weather. The fact is that the Black Talon would NOT penetrate Level II body armor. And the fact is that the current Winchester PDX-1 is essentially the EXACT same bullet as the Black Talon, minus the polymer coating...

Maddow is a ridiculous puppet of her puppet masters, and if she didn't have a teleprompter and a squad of staffers with internet connections, she couldn't research her way out of a wet paper sack.

The final lie she spews that I found COMPLETELY egregious, was that she stated you could not Google gun laws in the US. What complete and utter BS. If I had to go to the library every time I wanted to look something up, I would never post on this forum. Every state has their gun laws online. The ENTIRE body of Federal Codes are is online. Either she is a lying sociopath, or she is a complete idiot when it comes to research on the Web. Either way, she advises her audience "not to even try to attempt to research this yourself". She lies about the MASSIVE body of gun laws easily available on the Web, then she tells people not to research it themselves. In other words, "What I'm telling you might be complete BS, but as an anointed authority, I'm ordering you NOT to try and find anything out for yourself..." Disgusting... Utterly disgusting...

How Rachel Maddow got a Rhodes Scholarship baffles me. She can't do research. She's a terrible public speaker. She stumbles over her words. She doesn't understand basic logic or rhetoric. And you know that she sure as hell didn't sleep her way to success...

I can't watch MSNBC any more. I have a REALLY nice, high-end Toshiba High Def TV. I can't take the risk of throwing something at it when lying, duplicitous, propaganda-spewing sociopaths like Rachel and Keith Olberman are on...

Last edited:

edrolee

Dreamer, that's why i get my news from the web, talk radio, (sometimes i even have to turn down the radio when someone especially ignorant calls in for the sake of my BP) local TV news, and one morning news program

i enjoy my TV for entertaining movies and TV programming (there are some very good shows on USA, BBCA, History, FX, FOX, and even CBS)

Last edited:

Bearfoot

I watched less than half of the Maddow video. Even scripture says to "keep your mouth shut and remain a fool, or open it and remove all doubt". I can see that she chose the latter.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
May her vibrator lose it's juice when she needs it most...

I bet that sucker runs on diesel...

Ranting Lunatics are what they try to call us. This woman isn't stupid, she's getting it wrong on purpose.

She's a pathological liar with an agenda. A hate-monger.

Last edited:

Awshucks

Banned
Someone referring to 'how the stupid burns' and then posting a link to youtube? OH, the Irony....

Plastic...ie Composites. Proper "weave", thickness and coating, just fine for use as barrels. I have no doubt that single use cartridge casings made of composites are already out there for the black ops crowd.

United States Patent 3977326

NCjones

Yeah, that BS was the top of the news a few decades ago when the Glock became available in the US. Sixty minutes called it the "gun designed to be smuggled through airport metal detectors" because it was made of "plastic with a ceramic barrel." 100% of all dummies and gun anti's believed it.