Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Running for Office as an Open Carry Advocate

  1. #1
    Regular Member 07Altima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    131

    Running for Office as an Open Carry Advocate

    I believe this is the right place.
    Hello I am new to this Forum My First name is Aaron, I am sure you will hear a lot about me, as I am running for State Rep in the 39th district of Washington State, I will be running on the Republican ticket, and I am already fighting very hard to get the party to back me. I am going to be getting my first firearm since the Army in 99, I am going to be buying the Raging Judge 6". I feel that this weapon can not be seriously concealed, and will therefore Open Carry my firearm on the campaign trail. I support Gun Owners, and I have thusly reported this information to the police, that I am going to be campaigning while in the Open Carry format. I am looking for feedback to see how other may see this, as well as to see how much this may bring light to the movement!!!

    If you believe a lie that lie has become your truth.... Aaron Layes

    I will be getting my CPL as the law requires it in this state if you want to carry it loaded, or into sporting events or stadiums.

    I expect 2 things to bring light to my campaign 1 Open Carry, and 2 my age, as I will be the youngest person running for state Rep in Washington state history as I will only be turning 31 in election year. I am 29 now, and I am not rich, do not have a college degree, or any long list of qualifications. What I do have is a drive to set my country right, I have even gone so far as to write several bills before I take office, I want to be working before I even ask to work.

    So now is the time for input let me know what you have to say Good & Bad are welcome please do not bash but if you have criticism please give it in a constructive form so that I can change, or alter my behavior to better match the ideal outcome.

  2. #2
    Regular Member OldCurlyWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Altima View Post
    I believe this is the right place.
    Hello I am new to this Forum My First name is Aaron, I am sure you will hear a lot about me, as I am running for State Rep in the 39th district of Washington State, I will be running on the Republican ticket, and I am already fighting very hard to get the party to back me. I am going to be getting my first firearm since the Army in 99, I am going to be buying the Raging Judge 6". I feel that this weapon can not be seriously concealed, and will therefore Open Carry my firearm on the campaign trail. I support Gun Owners, and I have thusly reported this information to the police, that I am going to be campaigning while in the Open Carry format. I am looking for feedback to see how other may see this, as well as to see how much this may bring light to the movement!!!

    If you believe a lie that lie has become your truth.... Aaron Layes

    I will be getting my CPL as the law requires it in this state if you want to carry it loaded, or into sporting events or stadiums.

    I expect 2 things to bring light to my campaign 1 Open Carry, and 2 my age, as I will be the youngest person running for state Rep in Washington state history as I will only be turning 31 in election year. I am 29 now, and I am not rich, do not have a college degree, or any long list of qualifications. What I do have is a drive to set my country right, I have even gone so far as to write several bills before I take office, I want to be working before I even ask to work.

    So now is the time for input let me know what you have to say Good & Bad are welcome please do not bash but if you have criticism please give it in a constructive form so that I can change, or alter my behavior to better match the ideal outcome.
    Go to the root directory of this forum. Scroll down to almost the bottom, a directory called Washington. Post this there. It would be better.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

    Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

  3. #3
    Regular Member 07Altima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    131

    Thank you

    Thank you I will post it there with your suggestion was not quite sure where would be the best but will post there. I would love to get input from the whole community of OC so if it is okay if this is placed well for that also would love to have this placed here if not to out of place

  4. #4
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    well,,

    Quote Originally Posted by 07Altima View Post
    Thank you I will post it there with your suggestion was not quite sure where would be the best but will post there. I would love to get input from the whole community of OC so if it is okay if this is placed well for that also would love to have this placed here if not to out of place
    English; a second language. this guy is posting in many forums.
    its kind if cute, or is it funny, or is it sad??
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I'll be checking Washington forum, but would like to point out that informing LEO, of open carry, is not a necessity and very discouraged among Washington OCers.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member 07Altima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    131

    only informed them in my little town

    I have no desire to do this on the whole sale basis telling leo's I wanted only to tell them about it as I will be campaigning, and know that this may raise more eyebrows than just the average joe. The police in my home town are not to large of a group, I know several of them as it is now, and just seeking to keep from having constant contact with them over the issue. I do not see how it could be a bad thing with the home town police but can see how it would be bad on the whole sale. I posted here to being with because I thought it would be the correct place to put it. I do see a point for it to be in Washington State, but it never hurts to get others ideas.

    I like hearing from others about their experiences, and how they dealt with them. I feel it never hurts to hear out people that will not be affected by anything I do because I may be able to prevent issues here based on what I am told about. Many issues in other states could serve as good examples or even things to prevent here at home.

    I also feel there is nothing wrong with getting input from others, or hearing out those distant from me.

    again thank you for your time even the nasty remarks, I will take them with a grain of salt. I did not know that using a Forum perfect the first time around was required to be a decent person, or candidate. I have read many forums not hard to do, but never used one before. I was part of a Auto Club once, but the most I ever did was PM people.

    People should not bash others just because they dont like them, it fits the same bill as racism, and sexism. Hating just to hate is pointless, and makes you look like an ass.

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    thoughts,,,

    thoughts,,,,,

    Aaron LayesAdd as Friend
    Aaron only shares some profile information with everyone. If you know Aaron, add him as a friend or send him a message.

    i dont use face book, but if you are using it to help spread your campaign,
    you should open that up so folks can read about you. and post that link!

    i listened to your tea party speech. it is very rhetorical and unspecific.
    i suggest rewriting and polishing and practice the delivery, it can sound better.
    make a new video of delivering that speech and post that anywhere and
    everywhere that you seek support.

    i know youre on a budget, but you want to buy a very expensive and obnoxious gun!
    you dont have a CPL so could only OC, meaning handling your gun and ammo
    every time you use your car. this is the main reason i advise you to go apply
    for you CPL on MONDAY!!!
    you will have your CPL in you pocket when you buy your gun, no waiting period!
    even though you really like the raging bull judge, it is not a practical gun for some one
    that doesnt want to draw attention away from the job at hand.
    for your first and only gun you should go with something more practical,
    concealable, easy to open carry without the hey look at my gun, unavoidable with that.
    you want to buy a backup in the future, i would buy that gun now, and a good retention holster.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •