• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to Chantilly

Bluemax

I am coming to Chantilly on business for a couple of weeks. I will be doing some sightseeing on the weekends. Is this a friendly area? Is there anything unusual I need to be aware of, other than stay out of DC with a gun?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
While here, watch for lunches and dinners in the area and join the folks putting any of them together.

Virginia is very gun-friendly and very lenient... the most lenient state in the South for that matter. You should be fine. Hope you enjoy your stay and spend a lot of money while here.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I am coming to Chantilly on business for a couple of weeks. I will be doing some sightseeing on the weekends. Is this a friendly area? Is there anything unusual I need to be aware of, other than stay out of DC with a gun?

Let me know when you'll be here, and I'll arrange a dinner during that time.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Let me know when you'll be here, and I'll arrange a dinner during that time.

Hey Tess. If and when you do this, could you consider the area around Fair Lakes/Centreville as well so that you can pickup some folks who may otherwise not come to a dinner in Chantilly? Or the area around the Expo Center, perhaps?

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I will be coming up on 26 Jan and leaving on 2 Feb. I will be back to Chantilly on 6 Feb and leave on 11 Feb.

Thanks everyone for all the good info.

Think about extending your stay a day, if that's an option. The Nations Gun Show is 11-13 February at the Dulles Expo Center. One of the largest in the US, and worth going to once, anyway.