• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who installs night sights on this area?

autoxr84

Well I am looking at getting the M&P .40 when I get my cash saved up. I want to get the one with a thumb safety, as well as night sights. But te only way I can get that option is if I am a LEO which I am not yet. That is the main reason I want that particular pistol. So I will get it with regular sights and go with the fiber optic night sights to put on. And I can get them at Bud's but they do not install them. (kinda weird to sell it but not install it I thought) So who does install them, if anyone or should I just wait until I get on a police dept. Bc I would get a discount as well?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I know borders here in boyd county can install night sights on sigs and glocks, I would say that they can on m&ps as well. I am going there in a lil to get some ammo., I will check for you. Im in pretty good with these guys and I would say I could get you a good deal. All they do is put your slid in a tool that pushes your old sight out and then put the new one in. btw, has ne one said ne thing about meeting up, or is still just us?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
cool the more the better.

I checked on that for ya they said they could have it done in 5 min. The onlything is if they need adjusted youd have to drive back, or do it yourself with a flathead screwdriver and some cloth of some kind. What time we gonna meet up? Is neone else out there interested in coming and chatting with us at hardees in morehead??? what time we gonna meet up?

neuroblades

I know borders here in boyd county can install night sights on sigs and glocks, I would say that they can on m&ps as well. I am going there in a lil to get some ammo., I will check for you. Im in pretty good with these guys and I would say I could get you a good deal. All they do is put your slid in a tool that pushes your old sight out and then put the new one in. btw, has ne one said ne thing about meeting up, or is still just us?

I see there's another fan of Borders on here. :) I live 60 miles away and they're the ONLY firearms store I'll deal with! I purchased my last 5 wepaons from them, including my 2 SIG's. :)

neuroblades

Well I am looking at getting the M&P .40 when I get my cash saved up. I want to get the one with a thumb safety, as well as night sights. But te only way I can get that option is if I am a LEO which I am not yet. That is the main reason I want that particular pistol. So I will get it with regular sights and go with the fiber optic night sights to put on. And I can get them at Bud's but they do not install them. (kinda weird to sell it but not install it I thought) So who does install them, if anyone or should I just wait until I get on a police dept. Bc I would get a discount as well?

I don't understand why you couldn't get the M&P 40 with the night sights already factory installed. Why do they require someone to be LEO to have that feature? S&W has really gotten strange over the past decades. LOL

autoxr84

I can get it with them installed but I wont be able to get it with that and any safety feature other than the internal lock. And I would like the thumb safety with it. But I am gonna write S&W and see what they say. Worse case, the Springfield XDM is looking pretty sweet. :D. Lol

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Me too

Borders is the only place I really like dealing with. If im buying ammo I normally go to C&S in Ironton because they have better Handgun selection and price is better, but other than that borders is the place. Once you buy a couple guns off of em, they work with ya well on price after that. I dont know who you work with there, but Mike handles all my purchases. He is a good guy, ask for him next time if you dont already have someone you deal with.

neuroblades

Borders is the only place I really like dealing with. If im buying ammo I normally go to C&S in Ironton because they have better Handgun selection and price is better, but other than that borders is the place. Once you buy a couple guns off of em, they work with ya well on price after that. I dont know who you work with there, but Mike handles all my purchases. He is a good guy, ask for him next time if you dont already have someone you deal with.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been dealing with Mike and I think Paul is the other gentleman. They've done very well by me on pricing, I have to admit. I certainly have no complaints there. *LOL*

While I could buy ammo here locally, if I were just looking for ammo to practice with, I buy all of my self-defense ammo at Border's though. This is mainly due to the fact that no one locally carries the specific ammo I use for SD purposes and it also gives me a good reason to get down that way and into Huntington. *LOL*

Border's is also my tactical light headquarters as well. I've purchased about 6 SureFire lights over the the years from them.