Thread: Ahhhh, AZ has no relation to CT, but..... new legislation already started (article)

Ahhhh, AZ has no relation to CT, but..... new legislation already started (article)

Interesting read:

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...her-955713.php

"I think it would have been unlikely for this person to legally buy a gun here," said Michael P. Lawlor.

Interesting.

I'm kind of mixed on the offender registry thing, am I going nuts???

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I don't have any idea how people think the gun was 'legally' bought in AZ, but I also don't see why CT would be any different.

As for the proposed legislation, how would police not have access to convictions as it stands now?
    Last edited by Rich B; 01-14-2011 at 04:15 PM.

You and I think from the perspective of data, it's already there.

They are simple people, knuckle draggers, if you will. They need it to be packaged in a bow in order to be able to do anything with it.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

It is interesting to me that these legislators are dumb enough to care whether or not felons buy ammunition or not. They are already forbidden from owning a firearm. Your laws have already failed. What is another law going to do?

For that matter, should we start locking people up who purchase gasoline if their license is suspended? Even if they are not driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    For that matter, should we start locking people up who purchase gasoline if their license is suspended? Even if they are not driving?
    Ahhhh, but the Brady response could go like:

"people use gas for other purposes. Snow, lawn and leaf equipment just fo starters. Generators too! But bullets are only designed for one purpose - killing people"

I'm just sayin'.....

Jonathan