Thread: New Bill Targets Gun-Related Images, Speech

New Bill Targets Gun-Related Images, Speech

Has anyone seen this bill?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...ges_Speech.php

Does this mean that in the future I might not be able to voice my opinion if I don't agree with a Congressman's / Congresswoman's political stance?
    Last edited by 5o56x45; 01-14-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

Banned
    Can you "put bulls eyes or crosshairs on" someone other than "a United States congressman or a federal official"? Or do some congressman see themselves as some kind of privileged class?

Never mind. Stupid question.

Stupid is as Stupid Does...
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

Sounds like the First Amendment is now in the crosshairs of the liberals, just like the Second.

Quote Originally Posted by 5o56x45 View Post
    Does this mean that in the future I might not be able to voice my opinion if I don't agree with a Congressman's / Congresswoman's political stance?
    Only if your political views are right of center..... OK, OK, OK, only if your political views are closer to center than to the far left.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Someone realized their loosing the gun-banning battle because more Americans support the right to keep and bear arms than oppose it. It's a last-ditch efforto shut us up.

I don't think it'll get off the ground, but I wrote my Congressman just the same. This is one very dangerous bill to our rights as citizens in a free country.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Seriously do they even have these things read by wanna be law students? Uh restricting speech of this type but we have police protect the KKK when they march in the streets because its their right.

Forget everything else, can we get some people in government who don't operate on pure political reflex? This is an utterly predictable move. It's practically childish. I doubt this'll get anything even resembling momentum, but if it does, I hope the Supreme Court squashes it with prejudice.