• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Bill Targets Gun-Related Images, Speech

eye95

Can you "put bulls eyes or crosshairs on" someone other than "a United States congressman or a federal official"? Or do some congressman see themselves as some kind of privileged class?

Never mind. Stupid question.

rodbender

Does this mean that in the future I might not be able to voice my opinion if I don't agree with a Congressman's / Congresswoman's political stance?

Only if your political views are right of center..... OK, OK, OK, only if your political views are closer to center than to the far left.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Someone realized their loosing the gun-banning battle because more Americans support the right to keep and bear arms than oppose it. It's a last-ditch efforto shut us up.

I don't think it'll get off the ground, but I wrote my Congressman just the same. This is one very dangerous bill to our rights as citizens in a free country.

effigy

Forget everything else, can we get some people in government who don't operate on pure political reflex? This is an utterly predictable move. It's practically childish. I doubt this'll get anything even resembling momentum, but if it does, I hope the Supreme Court squashes it with prejudice.