• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KSPR 33 News - Lawmaker Wants Arkansans To Carry Handguns Out In The Open

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kfsm-lawmaker-wants-arkansans-to-ca-01142011,0,1379793.story

"State Representative Denny Altes filed HB 1051 nearly a month before the Tucson tragedy. Arizona does have an open carry law. Meanwhile, Arkansas and Oklahoma both are conceal carry states, but are only a handful of states that do not permit open carry with at least some restrictions according to the website www.opencarry.org.

. . .

Lee Watson is a longtime conceal carry instructor. He says he's neutral when it comes to the proposed open carry law. However, he says it if passes there will be an adjustment period for both law enforcement and the public. Watson issued this statement to 5NEWS:

“I'm an attorney, worked as a deputy prosecuting attorney for about 3 years, worked as a deputy public defender for 5 years, have been an Arkansas State Police certified concealed carry instructor (#95-109) since 1995, the first year of Arkansas's licensing of concealed carry of handguns, and have been involved in shooting sports for more than 25 years.

. . .

Arkansans are as responsible as the people in the dozen or more other states that allow open carry.

. . . "