Thread: OC in Walmart

OC in Walmart

Trying to find Walmart's corporate policy on OCing. Have not been able to find it on thier web site. Anyone know where I can find it?

I don't know where to find it but can tell you they follow state law.
    Many of us have oc'ed in Walmart to many times to count.
    Carry on.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 01-14-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Yep you should be just fine at any Walmart in the State.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Yep you should be just fine at any Walmart in the State.
    Actually I seem to recall that the eventual determination after a dozen or so threads on this issue in as many states is that WalMart policy allows for individual store managers to reserve the right to ban guns as they see fit. I'm not willing to cite to authority now, though, so take that as worth what you paid for it.

With that said, WalMart is in part a gun and ammo store, and I've never been looked at askance while OCing in WalMarts in Virginia, and most folks report the same. I wouldn't anticipate any problems, and corporate policy defaults to state law unless the manager actively decides differently (once again, assuming I'm remembering correctly). Just make sure you aren't the victim of an attempted gun-grab by a mall-ninja wannabe.
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-15-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Actually I seem to recall that the eventual determination after a dozen or so threads on this issue in as many states is that WalMart policy allows for individual store managers to reserve the right to ban guns as they see fit. I'm not willing to cite to authority now, though, so take that as worth what you paid for it.

With that said, WalMart is in part a gun and ammo store, and I've never been looked at askance while OCing in WalMarts in Virginia, and most folks report the same. I wouldn't anticipate any problems, and corporate policy defaults to state law unless the manager actively decides differently (once again, assuming I'm remembering correctly). Just make sure you aren't the victim of an attempted gun-grab by a mall-ninja wannabe.
    Didn't a mall ninja end up KO'd for doing that to a guy in VA?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I OC'ed in the Beloit, WI walmart and I was stopped and asked about it and asked to leave until the could verify that is was in fact ok for me to carry in THAT store. It is not up to corporate, but up to the District Manager of that Particular Walmart. I agreed to leave and they called me in 5-6 days and said Yes, They spoke with the DM and he is all for OC'ing in HIS store. Every Walmart has its own say-so whether you can carry or not. I believe most do allow it tho...

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    I OC'ed in the Beloit, WI walmart and I was stopped and asked about it and asked to leave until the could verify that is was in fact ok for me to carry in THAT store. It is not up to corporate, but up to the District Manager of that Particular Walmart. I agreed to leave and they called me in 5-6 days and said Yes, They spoke with the DM and he is all for OC'ing in HIS store. Every Walmart has its own say-so whether you can carry or not. I believe most do allow it tho...
    Wrong, corporate stores follow corporate policy. Individually owned stores follow their own policy.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Walmart oc

I oc in Janesville all the time,but I don't ask if not posted, then carry,don't open up a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff niles View Post
    I oc in Janesville all the time,but I don't ask if not posted, then carry,don't open up a can of worms.
    Correct, if you ask, they will most likely say no.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Wrong, corporate stores follow corporate policy. Individually owned stores follow their own policy.
    Its Corporates way of not having to deal with it.