Thread: Open Carry Stands Tall After Arizona Shooting

Open Carry Stands Tall After Arizona Shooting

"To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

McX
    it's interesting to watch the aftermath unfold; the white house and government arent interested in more restrictions, the proposed bills are rediculous, guns and ammo are flying off the shelves, public officials are considering arming themselves, or at least obtaining permits, talk radio is hammering the left, it seems that the event had little effect other than to polarize the citizens into the belief that guns save lives, as well as take them, and it is better to have, than have not.

This reminds me, I need more ammo.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I just received more ammo

I picked up a couple of hundred rounds yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse "on sale". ($10.99 for a box of 50 9mm 115 gr FMJ - and $19.99 for a box of 50 .45 ACP 230 gr FMJ - also $4.99 for a box of 20 55gr .223 brass cased).

This may be the start of a new shortage of handguns and ammo. And, I suspect that "black rifles" may be pretty hard to come by soon.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I picked up a couple of hundred rounds yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse "on sale". ($10.99 for a box of 50 9mm 115 gr FMJ - and $19.99 for a box of 50 .45 ACP 230 gr FMJ - also $4.99 for a box of 20 55gr .223 brass cased).

This may be the start of a new shortage of handguns and ammo. And, I suspect that "black rifles" may be pretty hard to come by soon.
    this spike will be over fast. with in a month.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

No matter how fast this spike is over, the sudden growth in sales on ammo and firearms (Much like after 9/11) just goes to show that when people feel like they are in danger they want a way to defend themselves. The first place they usually turn is to buying a gun.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

We should always be in stock up mode. All it will take is one paragraph on page 1583 of a bill and now we see additional tax or regulation.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

One can only hope that Saturday’s horrible attack in Tucson encourages

John R. Lott Jr. is the author of the recently revised third edition of “More Guns, Less Crime.”

One can only hope that Saturday’s horrible attack in Tucson encourages more citizens to carry concealed handguns. Fortunately, one shopper in the Walgreen’s near Representative Giffords’ event was Joseph Zamudio. When he heard the shots he ran toward them because his legally carried 9 mm semiautomatic offered him protection. Joe helped tackle the killer before more harm occurred. Too bad someone like him wasn’t even closer to the crime.

Limiting guns' clip size won’t lower crime. If only criminals get higher clips, they have an advantage.

But Joe showed that law-abiding citizens with concealed handguns can exercise excellent judgment in when is the right time to use their guns. When it made more sense for him to tackle the attacker, he did that rather than use his gun. Everything from public school shootings to church shootings has been stopped by citizens with concealed handguns.

The police are important -- the single most important factor for reducing crime. But the police realize that they virtually always arrive on the crime scene after the crime has been committed.

Just as you can deter criminals with higher arrest or conviction rates, letting victims defend themselves also deters criminals. With concealed handguns, criminals don't know whether victim can defend themselves until they attack. More people legally carrying a concealed handgun means that someone can get to the crime scene faster.

As in other states, those legally carrying concealed handguns have been extremely responsible. There were 99,370 active permits in Arizona as of Dec. 1, 2007. During 2007, 33 permits were revoked for any reason — a 0.03% rate — cases that did not involve using the gun to harm others. Gun control groups claim that permit holders are dangerous, but they count defensive gun uses as bad killings.

With the "sunset" of the Assault Weapons Ban in 2004, gun control groups predicted murder would soar. The opposite happened. Re-instituting parts of the ban limiting clip size won’t lower crime. No research by criminologists or economists found that the ban or clip size restrictions reduced crime. Clips are easily made small metal boxes. The benefits of not exchanging the clips is true for law-abiding citizens, police and criminals. If only criminals get the larger clips, they have an advantage.

JJC

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    We should always be in stock up mode. All it will take is one paragraph on page 1583 of a bill and now we see additional tax or regulation.
    THIS IS SO TRUE ! I am glad you pointed this out.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???