• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here we are again in Orange County, CA

Iopencarry

OC Kimber,

Thank you for that clip, it proved my point. I think he needs to calm down and relax. or not carry. He is not doing any of us or the movement any help.

As my grandpa used to say, if a guy has problems with a lot of people, and no one else has problems with the same people, then maybe the problem is the one guy.

oc4ever

you might want to reevalute what OC is all about

xnetc9 wrote:

"anyway, problem solved. all of us can UOC to home depot and make this store safe for doug and prevent future robberies. "

Why would you want to prevent store robberies? That is the LEO's jobs. Are you going to stop a drug deal if you see it infront of the store? Are you going to prevent immigrants from illegally soliciting construction jobs in the parking lot? Maybe someone parking in a handicap zone needs a little talking to.....you see where I am going? Where do you draw the line at what kind of action you are going to draw that weapon?

Well it it is really easy. All you should give a damn about is protecting yourself and your loved ones. If the store gets robbed so be it. Getting involved is only going to get you shot. The LEO's don't know you, and if they get a robbery call and your standing around waving a gun (at presumably a BG), you are likely to enjoy your last breath on earth that day. OC is for self protection ONLY, nothing else. Let the LEOs clean up crime, they have big legal defense funds when they screw up, do you?

xnetc9

having never met you I can only go by what I have heard. This audio is of the cops that hooked you up and kicked you out of the block this was recorded a couple of weeks after your incident. myself and three other OCers went to the block as we could not let what happen go unchecked.This is them talking about you. We also were E-checked but allowed to continue with our shopping. Remember that when you go out with your gun you represent all of us, dressing appropriately will not only reduce your LEO encounters but also give a good image of OCers in general. I OC all over the same county your in and have never been hassled.[video=youtube;eLHLwcXDdZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLHLwcXDdZA[/video]

WHOA! hey that's me! your recording is horrible by the way. i had a much clearly recording than that. the guy said i dressed like a gangster and i look like i turned 21? haha cute. i was dressed in blue jeans, not baggy and had a hoodie on. he recognized my gun was a 92fs! freaking everybody out? yes, sheeple would be scared since they never saw open carriers. but remember that cops always think all perps look like gangsters.

the guy also said that i ripped off my gun in a robbery? please... at least they didn't arrest you guys like they did me. i bet the cop and his squad were trained after the incident to avoid a potential lawsuit. i see a lot of biased descriptions about me here. but hey! at least i am known to their police department to avoid arresting me when they get a call regarding a guy with a gun.

Last edited:

xnetc9

OC Kimber,

Thank you for that clip, it proved my point. I think he needs to calm down and relax. or not carry. He is not doing any of us or the movement any help.

As my grandpa used to say, if a guy has problems with a lot of people, and no one else has problems with the same people, then maybe the problem is the one guy.

i don't carry because i have to look cool like the rest of you guys. i carry because i reported a gangster to the police regarding his child molestation case. this gangster knows i reported him and he swore to go after me. i don't got a choice but to protect myself. if i could get a ccw, i would, but oc is strict on that stuff.

no, i have no interest in helping the movement. i don't have time to be sitting around at starbucks passing out brochures trying to educate the masses. yea, i'm not a people person, still that doesn't bar me from using my 2nd to protect myself. i'd gladly stop UOC for u guys if you guys can convince the police to give me 24/7 security. walk me to my car, then protect me as i go groceries shopping. :D

xnetc9

xnetc9 wrote:

"anyway, problem solved. all of us can UOC to home depot and make this store safe for doug and prevent future robberies. "

Why would you want to prevent store robberies? That is the LEO's jobs. Are you going to stop a drug deal if you see it infront of the store? Are you going to prevent immigrants from illegally soliciting construction jobs in the parking lot? Maybe someone parking in a handicap zone needs a little talking to.....you see where I am going? Where do you draw the line at what kind of action you are going to draw that weapon?

Well it it is really easy. All you should give a damn about is protecting yourself and your loved ones. If the store gets robbed so be it. Getting involved is only going to get you shot. The LEO's don't know you, and if they get a robbery call and your standing around waving a gun (at presumably a BG), you are likely to enjoy your last breath on earth that day. OC is for self protection ONLY, nothing else. Let the LEOs clean up crime, they have big legal defense funds when they screw up, do you?

i was kidding. i have no interest in shopping at that home depot anymore even if doug promised his staff is trained to be ok with UOCers. i will only draw my weapon if there is a big threat to myself or my family/friends. but... if i pissed you off in anyway, then i won. :lol:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
nope, don't have time. got an 8-5 job. mail it in? nah, i prefer to goto the sheriff dept in person.

Do you have time for auto insurance? Wear a seat belt? Carry a spare tire? Enough gas in the tank? You take time to make sure you have all those things before you drive, but can't take some simple precautions to protect your rights while open carrying, such as carry an active recorder or apply for a license for the purpose of preserving evidence or establishing standing in the event your activities result in an arrest?

This is a bit of a circus tight rope walk- I would hate to see someone hurt because they dont think they need the safety net.

xnetc9

Do you have time for auto insurance? Wear a seat belt? Carry a spare tire? Enough gas in the tank? You take time to make sure you have all those things before you drive, but can't take some simple precautions to protect your rights while open carrying, such as carry an active recorder or apply for a license for the purpose of preserving evidence or establishing standing in the event your activities result in an arrest?

This is a bit of a circus tight rope walk- I would hate to see someone hurt because they dont think they need the safety net.

no time. what's auto insurance? the seat belt is too big to strap my gun down. spare tire? nah, it slows my car down too much. i had the impression that the denial letter was to protect you in the case that you ACCIDENTALLY loaded your weapon and end up LOC instead. i always check my gun before i leave my home.

Robin47

i don't carry because i have to look cool like the rest of you guys. i carry because i reported a gangster to the police regarding his child molestation case. this gangster knows i reported him and he swore to go after me. i don't got a choice but to protect myself. if i could get a ccw, i would, but oc is strict on that stuff.

no, i have no interest in helping the movement. i don't have time to be sitting around at starbucks passing out brochures trying to educate the masses. yea, i'm not a people person, still that doesn't bar me from using my 2nd to protect myself. i'd gladly stop UOC for u guys if you guys can convince the police to give me 24/7 security. walk me to my car, then protect me as i go groceries shopping. :D

I agree your right to defend yourself. (xnetc9)
Many don't know here is that DA's and LEO's "DO" tell the BG's who it was who turned them in.
So much for confidentiality, I think they do that as a "ACE" card in the negotiations " We have an "Eye Witness".
And your name comes up. In my witness, this guy was looking at 5 years in prison.
They got him to Cop to other criminals, and he went free, in 1 1/2 hour after court he was
"In my yard threatening me". I was mad as He$$ and called the DA, and told them what I thought.
I guess they call that guy and he never bothered me again. Guess they Threatened him back.
Anyway I don't trust DA's anymore. Sad when you can't trust hired employees :(

So we shouldn't give (xnetc9) a hard time as we don't really know what happened in this matter.

Robin47

Iopencarry

Robin47,

My giving him a bad time has nothing to do with WHY he carries. It is his tude WHEN he carries.
He is not helping anyone here, and not helping himself.

If he acted more professional when he was out and about he would not be bothered so much by normal citizens, let alone the LEO's.

as an example,
if you dress like and act like a punk, people treat you like a punk

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
if i pissed you off in anyway, then i won. :lol:

what's auto insurance? the seat belt is too big to strap my gun down. spare tire? nah, it slows my car down too much.
At first I was gonna say, yeah, I think you did just turn 21. Now I think that cop had the digits reversed.

i had the impression that the denial letter was to protect you in the case that you ACCIDENTALLY loaded your weapon and end up LOC instead. i always check my gun before i leave my home.

:banghead:

Do you work for the Brady Bunch?

So we shouldn't give (xnetc9) a hard time as we don't really know what happened in this matter.

No, we only know what he says happened. And how he responds in this thread. And, I'd say he's earned his hard time. And then some.

Last edited:

xnetc9

i'm 12? yea! i am 12. smart one internet buff guy. clever. as a 12 year old and i open carry and know as much as you do about gun laws, it makes you look like a noob carrying over 21. any way, here's the follow up of home depot as this thread WAS about the incident rather than bashing me.

Company Feedback - Customer Care Reference Number
Thank you for contacting The Home Depot Customer Care.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

I have sent your concern to the store management of the Garden Grove
Home Depot store. Please expect a communication from the store within
24-48 hours.

If I do not hear from the store management first, I will follow up with
you no later than 01/21/11 to make sure you have been contacted.

Customer Care Reference Number 50xxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Cecilia Sojo

Resolution Expeditor - Email Team
2455 Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (800) 654-0688 Ext. 76558 | Fax: (678) 556-7614

as a request to cecilia, I asked her to send a memo to all stores in orange county regarding customers allowing to UOC so that this incident will not happen to any future UOCers. and don't worry, i didn't sound RUDE. so marshul, while i actually make a difference in the community, make sure you go print out some more brochures and pass them out at the street corners and highway off ramps to educate the community, mmmkay? :)

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Look, man, I'm not trying to belittle you. But you don't take criticism well, nor do you comport yourself very well in public. It wouldn't kill you to accept a little advice once in awhile.

All you've shown us is smartass. You were a smartass to the Home Despot manager, and you've been a smartass here when people have tried to identify your failings.

I understand it may feel like you're being ganged up on, and like people are looking for any reason to criticize you, but that is because of how you have behaved.

If you were a little more accommodating to the advice you've been given, and had a little bit less of the know-it-all 21-year-old attitude in reply to everything that's been said to you, I think you'd find the tone here would turn friendly again in no time.

If you are so correct, and have made no errors in judgement, and have no room for improvement, then why are you getting a nearly consensus reaction from the other posters in this thread? On the other hand, if you recognize that you do have room for improvement, why don't you admit as much? It would make some of us feel a lot better about you being out there, representing the lot of us.

In a handful of short years you will look back on incidents like this and threads like these, and shake your head.

xnetc9

I agree your right to defend yourself. (xnetc9)
Many don't know here is that DA's and LEO's "DO" tell the BG's who it was who turned them in.
So much for confidentiality, I think they do that as a "ACE" card in the negotiations " We have an "Eye Witness".
And your name comes up. In my witness, this guy was looking at 5 years in prison.
They got him to Cop to other criminals, and he went free, in 1 1/2 hour after court he was
"In my yard threatening me". I was mad as He$$ and called the DA, and told them what I thought.
I guess they call that guy and he never bothered me again. Guess they Threatened him back.
Anyway I don't trust DA's anymore. Sad when you can't trust hired employees :(

Robin47

don't worry robin, i know there are loose lips in the police dept. perps tend to get info anyway and that's why I HAVE to open carry. i don't like to do it because i get weird looks from people. they think that I think I am better than them or something. when i UOC, there's a chance of arrest. and besides, i'm a big boy now. i carry my own gun and all. at least i'm doing something in orange county by traveling solo rather than parading in groups at starbuck.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
at least i'm doing something in orange county by traveling solo rather than parading in groups at starbuck.

Yeah, you're doing "something" all right. It's quite a different "something" than you'd be doing if you had a group there to mitigate the bad impression you leave.

I understand that you have a complete right to act the way you do. You feel a need to be armed after specific occurrences in your life, and this gives you ample reason in addition to your right. And you have the right to be a smartass, and dislikable to boot. But, as you yourself have acknowledged, people in Orange County do not know this and may not even think about it in terms of "right" in the first place. Just because you have the entitlement doesn't mean it's a good idea to constantly behave as though you are entitled. ;)

Last edited:

MountainMike

i'm 12? yea! i am 12. smart one internet buff guy. clever. as a 12 year old and i open carry and know as much as you do about gun laws, it makes you look like a noob carrying over 21. any way, here's the follow up of home depot as this thread WAS about the incident rather than bashing me.
As human beings we all try and rationalize our decisions and justify our actions with whatever standard the individual has adopted. One of the problems that arises is that we often have trouble with accepting the possibility of being wrong. None of us where there Xnetc9. We do not have all the facts. But from the information you have provided a number of people have come forward as objective viewers and come to a unanimous decision that from your testimony you could have handled the situation better. This is not a judgment against your character or intelligence or even your reasons for uoc. We appreciate your bringing this to us and even though we have never met in person we are still apart of a community. One which needs to remain vigilant against those who wish to restrict our God given and constitutionally recognized rights. Please keep in mind that when you share a story there is always the possibility of someone suggesting a better way to handle a situation. It is not an attack and there is no cause for any further defensive action. After all, objective readers and constructive criticism is what these forums are for. Thank you.

slowfiveoh

You need to remember that private property owners are truly not inclined to concede to your inalienable rights, as you are on their property.

This isn't as if a LEO stopped you and asked you a bunch of stupid questions, or otherwise harassed you. LEO must observe your civil rights. Period.

This is a representative of the ownership of said store. He could have simply said, "You need to leave now.", offering no other reason, and you would be required to do so.

Maybe next time, make an inference a to how much shopping you do or have done at the other Home Depot store, and how it has never been an issue.

Disarming their already equipped defense mechanism should be one of the top rung things to do on your "To Do" list while OC'ing.

Just some cheerful advice. ;)

xnetc9

You need to remember that private property owners are truly not inclined to concede to your inalienable rights, as you are on their property.

This isn't as if a LEO stopped you and asked you a bunch of stupid questions, or otherwise harassed you. LEO must observe your civil rights. Period.

This is a representative of the ownership of said store. He could have simply said, "You need to leave now.", offering no other reason, and you would be required to do so.

Maybe next time, make an inference a to how much shopping you do or have done at the other Home Depot store, and how it has never been an issue.

Disarming their already equipped defense mechanism should be one of the top rung things to do on your "To Do" list while OC'ing.

Just some cheerful advice. ;)

did mention that i shop there before without incident and at several other home depot store without incident. i'm tell you, this hardass manager came up with a single track mind. he doesn't like guns, no ifs or anything. which is fine, i left when he request it. i probably sounded like an ass in the lines posted, but i was really being polite and TRYING to educate them. but they completely refuse to hear me out.

i forgot to mention one positive instance. i posted it on here before about 2 other restaurants i went to where the manager asked with a cheer about my 92fs. YES, they recognize the gun and it was a smart question: "i see you got a 92 fs! are you a police officer?". i was happy to converse with them regarding uoc. i believe one maybe uocing now because of the information.

sometimes you meet one of those bad apples. but i may have changed doug's view now. which is good. he sounded much nicer and calmer over the phone than the rude way he was talking to me in person.

let's leave it at that. this thread is done. issue with home depot is resolved on good terms and orange county home depots should be getting a memo about UOCers.

xnetc9

Look, man, I'm not trying to belittle you. But you don't take criticism well, nor do you comport yourself very well in public. It wouldn't kill you to accept a little advice once in awhile.

All you've shown us is smartass. You were a smartass to the Home Despot manager, and you've been a smartass here when people have tried to identify your failings.

I understand it may feel like you're being ganged up on, and like people are looking for any reason to criticize you, but that is because of how you have behaved.

If you were a little more accommodating to the advice you've been given, and had a little bit less of the know-it-all 21-year-old attitude in reply to everything that's been said to you, I think you'd find the tone here would turn friendly again in no time.

If you are so correct, and have made no errors in judgement, and have no room for improvement, then why are you getting a nearly consensus reaction from the other posters in this thread? On the other hand, if you recognize that you do have room for improvement, why don't you admit as much? It would make some of us feel a lot better about you being out there, representing the lot of us.

In a handful of short years you will look back on incidents like this and threads like these, and shake your head.

i was kidding with you. i troll well, don't i? i don't troll that hard in real life tho. in a few years, i MAY look back and shake my head after i take a piss to make sure no drippies. u gotta admit tho, i handled home depot well right? at least i didn't get the whole UOC community banned from home depot.