• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Sheriff's Dept. says it will violate 4A rights at UOC event in Lake Forest on Sun

A ECNALG

Don't get your panties in a bunch asking a deputy by what authority he has to do this is not the same as I do not consent to a seach of my person or property which no were in your origianl post does it say you did, also you did not say if anybody asked the deputies if you were being detained, without these two questions being asked and answered and recorded there is really not much that can come of this obvious violation of your 4th amendment rights. As for your sunshine patriots some people are just not commited. If you don't pursue legal action I hope you post the video so we can all learn from it.

Who's panties are in a bunch (perhaps I'm squeezed a little to the right at the moment....but, well, let's not go there) ?

If you read many of the posts on these forums, folks advise not to say ANYTHING. That, to me, encompasses no responses and no questions.

Yes, there is a great deal I did not communicate in my postings here ("I will be very brief..."). When I was physically restrained, I engaged the individual in explaining his authority, RAS, etc.. Prior to the actual Terry search, same, including a statement of not consenting to search (but not resisting, either). I did what I could, and the best that I could, in the rush of the moment, respectfully and calmly, to get THEM to respond to MY questions. I was not going to let that golden opportunity pass either by remaining silent, or spouting off with only an ineffective "I do not consent..."

One of the guys who attended has posted his experience at CalGuns. He has video and has indicated a desire to post it.

markm

42 usc, 1983

Hello All,

The deputy sherriffs and the sherriff will learn when they pay out of their own pocket. That is the only way.

I am going to write my congressmen, McClintock, and ask that he put forth legislation that makes it a crime punishable with prison for LEOs who wantenly violate the highest law of the land.

The Constitution is being used as TP.

markm

CenTex

Hello All,

The deputy sherriffs and the sherriff will learn when they pay out of their own pocket. That is the only way.

I am going to write my congressmen, McClintock, and ask that he put forth legislation that makes it a crime punishable with prison for LEOs who wantenly violate the highest law of the land.

markm

Don't hold your breath waiting for Congressman McClintock to follow through with your request. If it doesn't fit in for his next campaign to be re-elected, you can forget it. These people take care of #1 first.

Robin47

Hello All,

markm

+10 I think we should all write him, and also tell of this dumb law PC 12031e, and ask him to put some legislation to remove it.
As its a direct violation of the 4th.
Then tell him he just might become the next Governor of Cal.
Lets try it !

Robin47 :)

cato

+10 I think we should all write him, and also tell of this dumb law PC 12031e, and ask him to put some legislation to remove it.
As its a direct violation of the 4th.
Then tell him he just might become the next Governor of Cal.
Lets try it !

Robin47 :)

Sure. All 112 of us will do that. Hope it works. (Sorry for the sarcasm).