• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do patronize businesses ?

fire suppressor

I remember before the forum was updated we had a list of do not patronize businesses but do not remember seeing a list of do patronize. Is there a list out there I'm missing?

Trigger Dr

I remember before the forum was updated we had a list of do not patronize businesses but do not remember seeing a list of do patronize. Is there a list out there I'm missing?

The list you are looking for is located in the YELLOW PAGES. They will tell you if they are anti, when you get there.

Squeak

All the places I've been to are very positive....................except LOWES. One employee from Wyoming says I need adult supervision! Now, anyone can step in on this and defend me! Anyone?:eek:

amlevin

All the places I've been to are very positive....................except LOWES. One employee from Wyoming says I need adult supervision! Now, anyone can step in on this and defend me! Anyone?:eek:

At least one person in Wyoming has your number.

As for the OP's question, Every Business is a "Do Patronize" until they say NO Guns. Only then do they become a Do Not Patronize. In time, maybe they will get the message when people show them their backs and leave when told they don't want the gun on their premises.

USMC1911

I have never been asked to leave a business, yet. As a matter of fact, my wife and I were just at a local furniture store buying recliners, I was OC and I saw no signage outside the store. after shopping for over an hour, and agreeing on two recliners to buy, I noticed a sign behind the counter that read "No Guns Allowed in Store". I stated to the salesman that I had just seen the sign and did he want me to leave. He said, oh NO, there is no need for that, and you’re OK. Seems as long as I was spending money then the sign did not apply to me. (LOL).

amlevin

I have never been asked to leave a business, yet. As a matter of fact, my wife and I were just at a local furniture store buying recliners, I was OC and I saw no signage outside the store. after shopping for over an hour, and agreeing on two recliners to buy, I noticed a sign behind the counter that read "No Guns Allowed in Store". I stated to the salesman that I had just seen the sign and did he want me to leave. He said, oh NO, there is no need for that, and you’re OK. Seems as long as I was spending money then the sign did not apply to me. (LOL).

If it was behind the counter maybe it was just for Employees.

Funny how money makes people "see it your way".

dizzle2

does anyone think OC'ing in a small-large group deters people from saying anything about their store "policies"?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Give me a minute okay ! I'm Thinking :lol: "adult supervision!" Nope Nothing Yet :banana::monkey

fire suppressor

alright alright I get it thanks to everyone for making me feel stupid :p I've herd of some places giving OC discounts I guess that's more of what I was asking. I'm not shopping for anything in particular gust a random thought that popped in my head last night

Squeak

alright alright I get it thanks to everyone for making me feel stupid :p I've herd of some places giving OC discounts I guess that's more of what I was asking. I'm not shopping for anything in particular gust a random thought that popped in my head last night
That wasn't a stupid thread. Most of the people that make a comment on OC are other customers. If you find a business that gives discounts, post it!

Trigger Dr

Eddie, Being the first to respond to your question, I may have set the tone for the answers. I appologize for the sarcastic responses. See you at the Range Wednesday 1:00.

sudden valley gunner

Don't take it personal I don't see anything in here that were directed at making you feel stupid. Just people pointing out their feelings on the matter.

I think the list lost it's sticky and there was a definite pro list too. M1Gunr has pointed out the link to where it can be found.

I think because most stores simply don't care, the sticky which was a great Idea to begin with has become almost not necessary.

But for newbies to the forum and OC, I still think it is a great idea because if they are leery to carry but know that there has been positive experiences and acceptance at certain places, they would be more willing to break their OC cherry at said places. Hence making OC more comfortable for them.

fire suppressor

Eddie, Being the first to respond to your question, I may have set the tone for the answers. I appologize for the sarcastic responses.

Sorry if my last post came across wrong no one actually made me feel dumb or offend me in any way. I was trying to joke around and toss a little sarcasm back. I'm sorry for any confusion I know sometimes text dose not read the way it was meant to. I tired to use the tong sticking out face :p to indicate joking. The way I was raised if no one is giving you a little bit of crap that probably means they don't like you. Sorry again for any confusion. And yes Trigger Dr still excited for Wednesday