Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOOC is online

Thumbs up MOOC is online

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce the unofficial launch (unofficial because its not entirely finished) of MissouriOpenCarry.org.

http://www.missouriopencarry.org

If you missed the thread discussing it here is the link- http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ation-web-site.

As I said, the website is still under construction and shall be under development for some time. However, the framework is up, so feel free to take a look at it and tell me what you think.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

sweet. Great job, Chiang.
    Last edited by afcarry; 01-15-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

I Love It..........

Thumbs up

Looks Great!
    I look forward to the forum.

Hmm I think i would havethe donate button up first!!

But looks great looking forward to the finished product

Looking Good !!!! ready to roll with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Looks Great!
    I look forward to the forum.

Lol, you're on it! As of right now OCDO/MO will be what the forum button links to.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Lol, you're on it! As of right now OCDO/MO will be what the forum button links to.
    Say, were you able to retrieve any of the work that some of us started a few months back on this very same type of project?

I believe you touched base with BROONDOG about it. There was a lot of good work that was put in that we may be able to apply to this project.

Good job!

Looks great. Will keep an eye peeled for further updates.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    Say, were you able to retrieve any of the work that some of us started a few months back on this very same type of project?

I believe you touched base with BROONDOG about it. There was a lot of good work that was put in that we may be able to apply to this project.

Good job!
    That has been brought up a couple times and I'm defiantly open to incorporating any of the work you guys had compiled. However, no one from the last effort has followed up on the suggestion. Like I said, I'd be more than happy to go over any of it and see what I could include. In fact, I -want- -anyone- who has an idea, suggestion, or material to message me or post it on the forum and I will apply and include what I can to the best of my ability. I very very much want this to be a community effort.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Looks great! Ready for state-wide OC!
    The responsibility is ours, the results, GODS

Great Job Chiang........Buisness cards are in work. It will be good to identify with something in Missouri not that OCDO is bad. It will just give us in Missouri our own identity
    Luke 22:36 :...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Good deal...

That has been brought up a couple times and I'm defiantly open to incorporating any of the work you guys had compiled. However, no one from the last effort has followed up on the suggestion. Like I said, I'd be more than happy to go over any of it and see what I could include. In fact, I -want- -anyone- who has an idea, suggestion, or material to message me or post it on the forum and I will apply and include what I can to the best of my ability. I very very much want this to be a community effort.
    Ok...that sounds great.

So....hahhaha....ok, so we need to be thinking about an event where we can present ourselves to the public! I've got an idea....how about having a booth at Santa-Cali-Gon in Independence...to hand out brochures etc...and put a "Community face" on MOOC???

Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    Ok...that sounds great.

So....hahhaha....ok, so we need to be thinking about an event where we can present ourselves to the public! I've got an idea....how about having a booth at Santa-Cali-Gon in Independence...to hand out brochures etc...and put a "Community face" on MOOC???
    Actually, that is a very intriguing idea. I would love to do something like this. How do we go about obtaining a booth?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

ChiangShih - You should have a message in your inbox from me. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    ChiangShih - You should have a message in your inbox from me. Let me know if you didn't get it.
    Got it. Sent you one back.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Sweet, looks like a good start.

Actually, that is a very intriguing idea. I would love to do something like this. How do we go about obtaining a booth?
    I will look into it ASAP!

Santa-Cali-Gon Days in Independence

C) Nonprofit Display – For display by nonprofit organizations $245

I just took a quick look at the application for a Nonprofit Display booth and the above is pretty much what we're looking at...plus a possible additional $90.00 for Liabiliity insurance. I will double check on that.

So I am thinking that the only thing we would need to come up with would be A) money for the booth fee B) manpower to run it C) construction of the booth D) money for printing our materials. Thats it.

Edit: I just sent an email to the Indep. Chamber of Commerce for confirmation of booth/insurance fees, application process etc.

Edit take two: I just saw this as well...which we might consider..letting our pocketbooks be our guide of course. But it seems to me this option would work well for us in getting our organization "out there".

Pardner Sponsorship Benefits:
     Official 2010 Festival T‐shirt
     2 VIP Main Stage Tickets (one evening only)
     Recognition inside the Pardners Rest Tent
     Company Name Recognition on santacaligon.com
     Company Name Recognition in Chamber News & media advertisements
     Company Name Recognition in Kansas City Star Festival Supplement
    Investment: $200
    Deadline to become an Official Pardner is August 10.
    Please complete the form below and email, mail or fax it to the Chamber.
    Email: jhobbs@independencechamber.org
    Mail: 210 W. Truman, P.O. Box 1077, Independence, MO 64051

This was for 2010, but I'm thinking it will be ditto for 2011
    Last edited by randyj; 01-16-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Do they allow Open Carry at the festival?

Not necessarily where I would want to spend my money if we can't even carry there.
    Last edited by Big Boy; 01-16-2011 at 08:39 PM.

well now...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Do they allow Open Carry at the festival?

Not necessarily where I would want to spend my money if we can't even carry there.
    To be honest, I couldn't tell you. BUT, we wouldn't be there necessarily to spend our money, we would be there to get our message out to the 225k people that would pass by throughout the weekend.

In my opinion, it would be an excellent opportunity even if we couldn't OC there. We gotta start somewhere for change.
    Last edited by randyj; 01-16-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    did you take care of him with the stuff i mailed ya?
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

I agree that this type of set up would be a good place to promote. But I think it might be kind of a moot point to be saying:

"look at these rights that you can exercise! ...just not in certain places...like, right...here."

We've all mentioned the no guns/ no money business cards before, and not giving money to the businesses that ban carry. Why would we want to do the same thing here by renting a booth and giving them the money to be part of that festival if we can't assert the rights we are attempting to promote?

I did just find this in their 2010 rules: "Restrictions: For the convenience of all festival goers, pets are not allowed in the festival grounds. No Firearms."

However, currently the only restriction posted on their website is no animals.

I emailed for clarification, I will post the response here.

I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    I agree that this type of set up would be a good place to promote. But I think it might be kind of a moot point to be saying:

"look at these rights that you can exercise! ...just not in certain places...like, right...here."

We've all mentioned the no guns/ no money business cards before, and not giving money to the businesses that ban carry. Why would we want to do the same thing here by renting a booth and giving them the money to be part of that festival if we can't assert the rights we are attempting to promote?

I did just find this in their 2010 rules: "Restrictions: For the convenience of all festival goers, pets are not allowed in the festival grounds. No Firearms."

However, currently the only restriction posted on their website is no animals.

I emailed for clarification, I will post the response here.
    "I agree that this type of set up would be a good place to promote."

In my opinion if we were all in agreement on doing this type of event...this would be our main focus and motivation for being there. It would be like...what if Odessa had their fair the same weekend and allowed OC and they expected 15k throughout the weekend. Would we choose to be there and OC and promote our cause to 15k, or at Santa Cali Gon...not OC but get our message out to 225k plus the other types of media?

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    did you take care of him with the stuff i mailed ya?
    Yes, we've been talking about it some. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast