• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOOC is online

randyj

well now...

Do they allow Open Carry at the festival?

Not necessarily where I would want to spend my money if we can't even carry there.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you. BUT, we wouldn't be there necessarily to spend our money, we would be there to get our message out to the 225k people that would pass by throughout the weekend.

In my opinion, it would be an excellent opportunity even if we couldn't OC there. We gotta start somewhere for change.

Last edited:

Big Boy

I agree that this type of set up would be a good place to promote. But I think it might be kind of a moot point to be saying:

"look at these rights that you can exercise! ...just not in certain places...like, right...here."

We've all mentioned the no guns/ no money business cards before, and not giving money to the businesses that ban carry. Why would we want to do the same thing here by renting a booth and giving them the money to be part of that festival if we can't assert the rights we are attempting to promote?

I did just find this in their 2010 rules: "Restrictions: For the convenience of all festival goers, pets are not allowed in the festival grounds. No Firearms."

However, currently the only restriction posted on their website is no animals.

I emailed for clarification, I will post the response here.

randyj

I understand...

I agree that this type of set up would be a good place to promote. But I think it might be kind of a moot point to be saying:

"look at these rights that you can exercise! ...just not in certain places...like, right...here."

We've all mentioned the no guns/ no money business cards before, and not giving money to the businesses that ban carry. Why would we want to do the same thing here by renting a booth and giving them the money to be part of that festival if we can't assert the rights we are attempting to promote?

I did just find this in their 2010 rules: "Restrictions: For the convenience of all festival goers, pets are not allowed in the festival grounds. No Firearms."

However, currently the only restriction posted on their website is no animals.

I emailed for clarification, I will post the response here.

"I agree that this type of set up would be a good place to promote."

In my opinion if we were all in agreement on doing this type of event...this would be our main focus and motivation for being there. It would be like...what if Odessa had their fair the same weekend and allowed OC and they expected 15k throughout the weekend. Would we choose to be there and OC and promote our cause to 15k, or at Santa Cali Gon...not OC but get our message out to 225k plus the other types of media?

kylemoul

i think it would be better to OC if they can, but i dont think it should be a deal breaker not to show up.