• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOOC is online

ChiangShih

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce the unofficial launch (unofficial because its not entirely finished) of MissouriOpenCarry.org.

http://www.missouriopencarry.org

If you missed the thread discussing it here is the link- http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...OC-public-relations-and-organization-web-site.

As I said, the website is still under construction and shall be under development for some time. However, the framework is up, so feel free to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

BAMF

Hmm I think i would havethe donate button up first!!

But looks great looking forward to the finished product:banana:

randyj

just wondering

Lol, you're on it! As of right now OCDO/MO will be what the forum button links to.

Say, were you able to retrieve any of the work that some of us started a few months back on this very same type of project?

I believe you touched base with BROONDOG about it. There was a lot of good work that was put in that we may be able to apply to this project.

Good job!

ChiangShih

Say, were you able to retrieve any of the work that some of us started a few months back on this very same type of project?

I believe you touched base with BROONDOG about it. There was a lot of good work that was put in that we may be able to apply to this project.

Good job!

That has been brought up a couple times and I'm defiantly open to incorporating any of the work you guys had compiled. However, no one from the last effort has followed up on the suggestion. Like I said, I'd be more than happy to go over any of it and see what I could include. In fact, I -want- -anyone- who has an idea, suggestion, or material to message me or post it on the forum and I will apply and include what I can to the best of my ability. I very very much want this to be a community effort.

John563

Great Job Chiang........Buisness cards are in work. It will be good to identify with something in Missouri not that OCDO is bad. It will just give us in Missouri our own identity

randyj

Good deal...

That has been brought up a couple times and I'm defiantly open to incorporating any of the work you guys had compiled. However, no one from the last effort has followed up on the suggestion. Like I said, I'd be more than happy to go over any of it and see what I could include. In fact, I -want- -anyone- who has an idea, suggestion, or material to message me or post it on the forum and I will apply and include what I can to the best of my ability. I very very much want this to be a community effort.

Ok...that sounds great.

So....hahhaha....ok, so we need to be thinking about an event where we can present ourselves to the public! I've got an idea....how about having a booth at Santa-Cali-Gon in Independence...to hand out brochures etc...and put a "Community face" on MOOC???

ChiangShih

Ok...that sounds great.

So....hahhaha....ok, so we need to be thinking about an event where we can present ourselves to the public! I've got an idea....how about having a booth at Santa-Cali-Gon in Independence...to hand out brochures etc...and put a "Community face" on MOOC???

Actually, that is a very intriguing idea. I would love to do something like this. How do we go about obtaining a booth?

randyj

Santa-Cali-Gon Days in Independence

C) Nonprofit Display – For display by nonprofit organizations $245

I just took a quick look at the application for a Nonprofit Display booth and the above is pretty much what we're looking at...plus a possible additional $90.00 for Liabiliity insurance. I will double check on that.

So I am thinking that the only thing we would need to come up with would be A) money for the booth fee B) manpower to run it C) construction of the booth D) money for printing our materials. Thats it.

Edit: I just sent an email to the Indep. Chamber of Commerce for confirmation of booth/insurance fees, application process etc.

Edit take two: I just saw this as well...which we might consider..letting our pocketbooks be our guide of course. But it seems to me this option would work well for us in getting our organization "out there".

Pardner Sponsorship Benefits:
 Official 2010 Festival T‐shirt
 2 VIP Main Stage Tickets (one evening only)
 Recognition inside the Pardners Rest Tent
 Company Name Recognition on santacaligon.com
 Company Name Recognition in Chamber News & media advertisements
 Company Name Recognition in Kansas City Star Festival Supplement
Investment: $200
Deadline to become an Official Pardner is August 10.
Please complete the form below and email, mail or fax it to the Chamber.
Email: jhobbs@independencechamber.org
Mail: 210 W. Truman, P.O. Box 1077, Independence, MO 64051

This was for 2010, but I'm thinking it will be ditto for 2011

Last edited:

Big Boy

Do they allow Open Carry at the festival?

Not necessarily where I would want to spend my money if we can't even carry there.

Last edited: