• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Gun rights group will rally at Va. Capitol on MLK day

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...hts-group-will-rally-at-va-capitol-on-mlk-day

SNIP

Calling it "Operation Freedom's No Loophole," the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) will rally at the Virginia Capitol on Monday, January 17, 2011, also a federal holiday known as Martin Luther King Day. In a press release issued today, VCDL declared its aim to "make Virginia both a 'shall accept' & 'constitutional carry' state this session."

. . .

Attachments

• VCDL2011lobbydaypressreleaseFINAL.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

ocholsteroc

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...hts-group-will-rally-at-va-capitol-on-mlk-day

SNIP

Calling it "Operation Freedom's No Loophole," the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) will rally at the Virginia Capitol on Monday, January 17, 2011, also a federal holiday known as Martin Luther King Day. In a press release issued today, VCDL declared its aim to "make Virginia both a 'shall accept' & 'constitutional carry' state this session."

. . .

"VCDL declared its aim to "make Virginia both a 'shall accept' & 'constitutional carry' state this session."

+1000000 for constitutional carry, no permits for CC I would love it... But this such a big of a bill, I have heard about it just today. So they will try to pass it on July 1 2011?

Oh I just found it >

A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material, and when detained by a law-enforcement officer in his official capacity fails to inform the law-enforcement officer as soon as practicable of the possession, or fails to secure the weapon at the law-enforcement officer's direction or allow the law-enforcement officer to secure the weapon for the duration of the contact; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A second violation of this section or a conviction under this section subsequent to any conviction under any substantially similar ordinance of any county, city, or town shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony, and a third or subsequent such violation shall be punishable as a Class 5 felony. For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

This is the new wording for it.

Sounds just like Alaska, you must tell the officer you have guns. I would love to have this passed!!!!!!
If this passes we will join Alaska, Arizona & Vermont

Wait would you have to be 21 to conceal if this passed or 18?

Looking at NRA...
"Arizona: House approves Constitutional carry bill

The Arizona House voted Thursday to make the state the third in the nation to allow people to carry concealed weapons without a permit, sending the governor a bill that would allow Arizonans to forego background checks and classes that are now required. The legislation, approved by the House 36-19 without discussion, would make it legal for most U.S. citizens 21 or older to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona without the permit now required."

Last edited:

TFred

So they will try to pass it on July 1 2011?
In Virginia, unless otherwise specified, new laws take effect on the next July 1st after the General Assembly session is over. The vast majority do not specify a different date so they start July 1st. If you pick up a state newspaper the last week of June, you will typically see a bunch of articles talking about what new laws take effect soon after.

Don't forget that after they are done in the GA, they still have to go to the Governor for signature, return with modification, or Veto, and for the latter two, still further action by the GA again.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
"VCDL declared its aim to "make Virginia both a 'shall accept' & 'constitutional carry' state this session."

+1000000 for constitutional carry, no permits for CC I would love it... But this such a big of a bill, I have heard about it just today. So they will try to pass it on July 1 2011?

Oh I just found it >

A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material, and when detained by a law-enforcement officer in his official capacity fails to inform the law-enforcement officer as soon as practicable of the possession, or fails to secure the weapon at the law-enforcement officer's direction or allow the law-enforcement officer to secure the weapon for the duration of the contact; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A second violation of this section or a conviction under this section subsequent to any conviction under any substantially similar ordinance of any county, city, or town shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony, and a third or subsequent such violation shall be punishable as a Class 5 felony. For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

This is the new wording for it.

Sounds just like Alaska, you must tell the officer you have guns. I would love to have this passed!!!!!!
If this passes we will join Alaska, Arizona & Vermont

Wait would you have to be 21 to conceal if this passed or 18?

Looking at NRA...
"Arizona: House approves Constitutional carry bill

The Arizona House voted Thursday to make the state the third in the nation to allow people to carry concealed weapons without a permit, sending the governor a bill that would allow Arizonans to forego background checks and classes that are now required. The legislation, approved by the House 36-19 without discussion, would make it legal for most U.S. citizens 21 or older to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona without the permit now required."

VCDL is having the current bill improved. It faces a long uphill struggle but if you read the posts here, there's a lot of disagreement among us over the bill. This just means it will either be a more difficult bill to pass or just die a quiet death.

I wouldn't count on it going through this year.

All American Nightmare

VCDL is having the current bill improved. It faces a long uphill struggle but if you read the posts here, there's a lot of disagreement among us over the bill. This just means it will either be a more difficult bill to pass or just die a quiet death.

I wouldn't count on it going through this year.
It has no chance of passing this year or next. It will take a few years for this to pass.

Last edited: