Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent Legislative Alert 1-15-11 — Constitutional Carry

Urgent Legislative Alert 1-15-11 — Constitutional Carry

This looks like a good one, folks. We need to support it.

http://wyominggunowners.org/urgent-l...-alert-1-15-1/
    WyGO - Wyoming's Only No-Compromise Organization
    Urgent Legislative Alert 1-15-11 — Constitutional Carry
    By Staff Writer on Saturday, January 15, 2011
    Filed Under: Alerts

Dear Friends of Liberty,

I need your help!

Constitutional Carry legislation ‘SF-47’ is to be heard in a Senate Committee on Tuesday January 18th.

It is urgent that you contact the Senate Committee members immediately and let them know that you want to restore the Constitution in Wyoming by passing ‘SF-47’.

Note: SF-47 does NOT remove the ability of a citizen to acquire a concealed carry permit.

If passed, our Constitutional Carry legislation SF-47 would restore the right of every law-abiding Wyoming citizen to carry a gun to protect themselves and their families — WITHOUT going through a bunch of bureaucratic rigmarole!

In short, if you’re legally able to own a firearm, you’re legally able to carry it. Period.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Also note that the current version of this bill does NOT have the unconstitutional provision that non-permit concealed carriers MUST INFORM LEO's like last year's version did. This is a major improvement over last year's version.

Don't let them add the "must inform" provision. If "must inform" is added, I will strenuously oppose this bill.

We are watching that very closely.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by t3a1s5 View Post
    Also note that the current version of this bill does NOT have the unconstitutional provision that non-permit concealed carriers MUST INFORM LEO's like last year's version did. This is a major improvement over last year's version.

Don't let them add the "must inform" provision. If "must inform" is added, I will strenuously oppose this bill.
    That's what was added to our bill to get the LE community to accept it. Now we're working on getting that wording removed as well.

Don't oppose the bill, work to get it passed. Laws and sausages, two things you don't want to watch being made!
    A small victory is still a victory. Eating an elephant - one bite at a time!

I wish you all the best luck in the world!

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 01-19-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Spelling, DOH!!!
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Passed through committee

The Jaggi-Jennings Constitutional Carry bill, SF-47, has passed through its first hurdle and is set to move on to the Senate floor for a final vote. This is great news, and it is all because of your phone calls and emails to the Senators on the committee.

The committee passed the bill on a 4-to-1 vote. Senator John Hines (R-Gillette) was the only Senator who was opposed Constitutional Carry. At the beginning of the meeting, Senator Hines said that he had received a flood of emails urging him to pass this legislation, but he chose to ignore them.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t3a1s5 View Post

Object to it. Try to keep it out and keep the bill clean, but if it must remain support it. Work after the fact to get "must inform" removed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Keep it up! You'll help us in WI push for it here!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Campaign Veteran
    Good on ya!!

NO compromise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Object to it. Try to keep it out and keep the bill clean, but if it must remain support it. Work after the fact to get "must inform" removed.
    Not a chance, Grapeshot. It just doesn't work that way. How much of the "Patriot Act" have you been able to peel back?

We are fighting hard for this, but we're not going to buy a pig in a poke.

Here is the latest. How much of this should we buy into and then think we can get rid of later?

Constitutional Carry moves forward, but now faces poisonous threats!

The good news is that Constitutional Carry passed its first hurdle on the Senate floor today, and our vote on passage could come as soon as tomorrow. The bad news is that anti-gunners are making a last-ditch effort to mutilate the bill into a business as usual government permit system.

The Jaggi-Jennings Constitutional Carry bill, SF-47, is going to be voted on soon, but some Senators are now attempting to tack on amendments to the bill strip away real Constitutional Carry.

One of the worst amendments would require all law-abiding citizens who wish to carry a firearm to also pay for and enroll in a government sanctioned training program, then carry a government approved card showing completion of the program.

Let's see... Fees? Yep. Forms and paperwork? Yep. Government sanctioned cards that must be carried with you? Yep, again.

If that sounds just like another government permit system, that's because it is!

This is just one example of the amendments being lined up to destroy the bill. In politics, we call those "poison pill" amendments. This is a textbook example of political insiders trying to destroy Constitutional Carry in Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    Not a chance, Grapeshot. It just doesn't work that way. How much of the "Patriot Act" have you been able to peel back?

We are fighting hard for this, but we're not going to buy a pig in a poke.
    You obviously know what is transpiring there far better that I do. My primary intent was to wish you well and "give 'em hell" as I know you will.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

You obviously know what is transpiring there far better that I do. My primary intent was to wish you well and "give 'em hell" as I know you will.
    Thanks. Sorry I jumped on you.

I just hear so much of this "take whatever we can get and sort it out later" stuff. We know from hard experience that it just doesn't work that way. We killed a bill last year that was supposed to eliminate the "permit," but it would have given serious new powers to the police to disarm us at any time they chose! Not negotiable.

Now we're fighting a whole host of new restrictions and outright power grabs. Makes me sick that the legislature and the cops organizations right here in Wyoming can even think of doing this to us.

We've been peacefully carrying here for many long years, and we sure don't need any new restrictions or "laws." We just need to be left alone. sigh

The one bill we really want to see is the total repeal of the entire "concealed carry" section of the Wyoming statute, but this bill - clean - is the best we're likely to get. So we are already compromising as much as we intend to.

Thanks. Sorry I jumped on you.
    No apology necessary - none. I would step up and defend your six simply on your word. - you have earned that regard and I do not offer it lightly.

No apology necessary - none. I would step up and defend your six simply on your word. - you have earned that regard and I do not offer it lightly.
    Thanks. You are welcome to sit at the fire in my camp any time. If you are ever in Wyoming, let me know and I'll set a plate for you.

I got to talk to three legislators last Thursday evening for an extended period of time. I expressed my strong opinion that this bill was best without any amendments. They all agreed.They all thought its chances were good, and they would try to keep those ugly amendments away from it.
    Two of the legislators are in leadership positions, one in the house, and one in the senate. I think things look good.
    Last edited by t3a1s5; 01-24-2011 at 01:29 AM.

The committee passed the bill on a 4-to-1 vote. Senator John Hines (R-Gillette) was the only Senator who was opposed Constitutional Carry. At the beginning of the meeting, Senator Hines said that he had received a flood of emails urging him to pass this legislation, but he chose to ignore them.
    I'm sorry if I'm sidetracking from the thread, but it looks to me like Hines needs to be replaced since he chooses to ignore the will of his constituants. After all, he was voted into office to represent his constituants, not his own personal agenda.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Well, looks like it passed the Senate, 20-10.

Anyone know if the bill was passed with purity or had nasty amendments attached?

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c002e0.html

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming residents would be able to carry concealed guns without a state permit under a bill that has cleared the state Senate.
    The Wyoming Senate voted 20-10 on Monday in favor of the bill, sponsored by Casper Republican Sen. Kit Jennings.
    If the bill ultimately becomes law, Wyoming would join Alaska, Arizona and Vermont as states that don't require citizens to have permits to carry concealed weapons.
    Supporters of the Wyoming bill say generally that the state and federal constitutions guarantee the people's right to carry guns. They also say criminals are already carrying concealed weapons.
    Some opponents of the bill say they're concerned that it would encourage untrained people to carry guns. The bill now goes to the Wyoming House.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
    Well, looks like it passed the Senate, 20-10.

Anyone know if the bill was passed with purity or had nasty amendments attached?

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c002e0.html

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming residents would be able to carry concealed guns without a state permit under a bill that has cleared the state Senate.
    The Wyoming Senate voted 20-10 on Monday in favor of the bill, sponsored by Casper Republican Sen. Kit Jennings.
    If the bill ultimately becomes law, Wyoming would join Alaska, Arizona and Vermont as states that don't require citizens to have permits to carry concealed weapons.
    Supporters of the Wyoming bill say generally that the state and federal constitutions guarantee the people's right to carry guns. They also say criminals are already carrying concealed weapons.
    Some opponents of the bill say they're concerned that it would encourage untrained people to carry guns. The bill now goes to the Wyoming House.
    I hope it passes without any 'nasty bits' added, that way we can use your state as an example for removing the 'must notify' piece from AZ law.

Good luck to you on this!

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

As far as I know, nothing was added. The house may attempt to do so, however, so it is important to remain in contact with the legislators and discourage this idea.

A point you might make is that qualified, certified instructors are available, and will remain so. I have never met a person who was interested in carrying a gun who didn't want at least the basic training. Criminals and fools would be an exception, of course, but nobody can do anything about them by passing more laws.

What the legislature must be reminded of is the fact that personal behavior or motivation cannot be legislated! It is not possible to write a "law" that will prevent malevolence, stupidity or carelessness. Those can only be dealt with on the spot, and after the fact.

It is not possible to write a "law" that will prevent malevolence, stupidity or carelessness. Those can only be dealt with on the spot, and after the fact.
    After 30 years as a Fireman, I'm here to tell you that you hit the nail right on the head Mama! It's too bad that many of the so called "lawmakers" refuse to see it.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    After 30 years as a Fireman, I'm here to tell you that you hit the nail right on the head Mama! It's too bad that many of the so called "lawmakers" refuse to see it.
    If they could see that, they wouldn't be politicians to start with. How would that give them any job security? In order to be "lawmakers," they have to make endless "laws" or stay home.

I am so envious!

I am from the PRK.

Our Legistlature is working on a bill to outlaw UOC. They are working hard to make ammunition purchases a thing of the past.

And you all are arguing over a clause that requires you to notify a LEO during a stop that you are constitutional carrying a handgun.

I am so jealous!

I love AZ, AK, MN, ID, ND, SD, and of course WY!

There is hope for the remaining years of my life.

markm

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBofRAdvocate View Post
    I am from the PRK.

Our Legistlature is working on a bill to outlaw UOC. They are working hard to make ammunition purchases a thing of the past.

And you all are arguing over a clause that requires you to notify a LEO during a stop that you are constitutional carrying a handgun.

I am so jealous!

I love AZ, AK, MN, ID, ND, SD, and of course WY!

There is hope for the remaining years of my life.

markm
    Hang in there - court action is a comin'

We didn't become unfree overnight. Research the situation 60 years ago to see what we have lost. Far too many people are happy to settle for tiny bits and pieces, or even to "compromise" with those who would enslave us.

Some of us are not backing up any more. Now we must work to reclaim our freedom in every area, and it is a bitter struggle. We are not willing to consider any more compromises. That's just all there is to it.

Constitutional Carry

It looks like we will have true Freedom(as far as carrying a firearm) in Wyoming. I know many of the Reps in the House are in favor of the bill to recognize the 2ndAm as the "carry permit". It is NOT a done deal yet. Keep on your reps to let them know you want it, as is, no "watering down" Also, please do not be deceived by the propaganda coming from any "police" unions. Many of us in LE DO like true freedom.. Byron Oedekoven does NOT speak for me and many others in LE. Watch him VERY carefully. He "speaks with forked tongue."

Yes, it will be much better. We'll still have all those disarmed victim zones where one can't even carry openly, but we can work on those.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast