• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Urgent Legislative Alert 1-15-11 — Constitutional Carry

markm

I am so envious!

I am from the PRK.

Our Legistlature is working on a bill to outlaw UOC. They are working hard to make ammunition purchases a thing of the past.

And you all are arguing over a clause that requires you to notify a LEO during a stop that you are constitutional carrying a handgun.

I am so jealous!

I love AZ, AK, MN, ID, ND, SD, and of course WY!

There is hope for the remaining years of my life.

markm

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am from the PRK.

Our Legistlature is working on a bill to outlaw UOC. They are working hard to make ammunition purchases a thing of the past.

And you all are arguing over a clause that requires you to notify a LEO during a stop that you are constitutional carrying a handgun.

I am so jealous!

I love AZ, AK, MN, ID, ND, SD, and of course WY!

There is hope for the remaining years of my life.

markm

Hang in there - court action is a comin' :D

MamaLiberty

We didn't become unfree overnight. Research the situation 60 years ago to see what we have lost. Far too many people are happy to settle for tiny bits and pieces, or even to "compromise" with those who would enslave us.

Some of us are not backing up any more. Now we must work to reclaim our freedom in every area, and it is a bitter struggle. We are not willing to consider any more compromises. That's just all there is to it.

Wyocowboy

Constitutional Carry

It looks like we will have true Freedom(as far as carrying a firearm) in Wyoming. I know many of the Reps in the House are in favor of the bill to recognize the 2ndAm as the "carry permit". It is NOT a done deal yet. Keep on your reps to let them know you want it, as is, no "watering down" Also, please do not be deceived by the propaganda coming from any "police" unions. Many of us in LE DO like true freedom.. Byron Oedekoven does NOT speak for me and many others in LE. Watch him VERY carefully. He "speaks with forked tongue."

MamaLiberty

Indeed... if we can keep out of the straight jackets they have planned for us next.

Gun-Control Effort Coming Soon From White House - Newsweek
www.newsweek.com
Obama intentionally did not mention gun control in his State of the Union, but aides say that in the next two weeks the administration will unveil a campaign to get Congress to toughen existing laws.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gun-Control Effort Coming Soon From White House - Newsweek
www.newsweek.com
Obama intentionally did not mention gun control in his State of the Union, but aides say that in the next two weeks the administration will unveil a campaign to get Congress to toughen existing laws.

What transparency we have from above that we wait two more weeks for that which they know now. Me thinks the glass is a bit cloudy. Perhaps the campaign has already begun - more executive orders?

Maybe this is the 1st step - the beginning of an assault weapons ban by ATF
http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

Last edited:

rickc1962

I am so happy to see Freedom to Carry moving forward in Wy., I have lived in Wy. off and on for about 12 years, and love the State. I remember a few years ago when it felled to pass, if I remember right, I think it was Bruce Burns from Sheridan that got it killed. I was madder than an Old Wet Hen! I open carry all the time, and it was shur a pain to keep my frock coat or duster draped around my six shooter, I thought to some it appeared I was looking for trouble. I travel to Wy. a lot, and am now looking forward to my next trip even more.

t3a1s5

SF-47 has passed the state Senate and is now in the House. It has been assigned to the Travel, Recreation, Wildlife and Cultural Resources Committee, where Rep Jaggi, who initiated this bill with Senator Jennings is a member.

It has moved forward without the "must inform" provision.

MamaLiberty

Just sent this to all the people on that committee:
1) Constitutional Carry in Wyoming is a vital issue, and I want the committee to pass the Jaggi-Jennings bill out of committee.

2) The bill has been crafted with well thought out language that does not need any amendments. I oppose any and all amendments to the bill.

3) I will be watching the vote closely, and am counting on your support.

Chairman Del McOmie - dwmcomie@bresnan.net

Rep. Dave Bonner - dbonner@wyoming.com

Rep. Jon Botten - jbotten@wavecom.net

Rep. Kathay Davison - kdavison@wyoming.com

Rep. Allen Jaggi - ajaggi@wyoming.com

Rep. Robert McKim - rmckim@wyoming.com

Rep. Ruth Petroff - rpetroff@wyoming.com

Rep. Lisa Shepperson - lshepperson@wyoming.com

Mjolnir

status of the bill did it pass or has it died.

why no word from ab on this??

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Starting to wonder myself. I'll rattle Anthony's cage today and see if I can find out. :)

Any word, he has not updated the web page either....

Can't but help and wonder why he has been so silent on this issue...not even a peep out of him...

t3a1s5

SF 47 is scheduled for first reading in the House on Tues 2-22-11

The House committee that recommended passage also recommended an amendment. That amendment may be offered on first reading. It criminalizes concealed carry while drunk, same standard as drunk driving, and adds an implied consent provision for anyone concealed carrying.

Mjolnir

SF 47 is scheduled for first reading in the House on Tues 2-22-11

The House committee that recommended passage also recommended an amendment. That amendment may be offered on first reading. It criminalizes concealed carry while drunk, same standard as drunk driving, and adds an implied consent provision for anyone concealed carrying.

Is this a good amendment or not in your opinion.

t3a1s5

The bill passed the first reading in the House. The proposed amendment to prohibit concealed carry while drunk failed.
Vote was 48 - 8 with 4 reps absent.

It is up for second reading tomorrow Feb 24

Third reading usually follows the next day.

t3a1s5

Is this a good amendment or not in your opinion.

I think it was defective in that it only applied to concealed carry and not to open carry. Should be consistent both ways.

If we consider that PEOPLE's actions need to be controlled (legislated) not items (guns) then this amendment has some merit.

Actually I was somewhat ambivalent about it. I'm glad it failed because it was defective, although the concept may be ok.

MamaLiberty

Think about it... no "law" changes the way people behave. Anyone who is stupid enough to get drunk and carry a gun is not going to be influenced by any "law" against it. Let's get real. Do people who commit murder worry about the technicalities in the laws against murder? Why would you think that?

Adding these little appendages to the REPEAL of a bad law only gives cops and lawyers greater stranglehold over our freedom... OUR freedom, those of us who ALREADY don't consider carrying drunk a good idea. It doesn't matter at all to those who don't care about the harm they do to others.

The logical outcome of such an amendment might easily be some sort of mandatory breath or blood test just because you are carrying!!! Do we want to give the cops ever MORE excuses to stop and harass people just because they MIGHT be carrying?

Think about it!

How about if individuals took responsibility for this? If YOU saw someone, especially someone you know, drinking while armed... wouldn't it be a good idea to offer him/her a ride home and, depending on their attitude, help them understand that they are doing something stupid...

Do we really need or want the police to decide and take over our social responsibilities?

t3a1s5

Up for 3rd reading today on the House floor. Overwhelmingly passed first and second, so it should not have trouble on the 3rd.