• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Petersburg Times - Looser gun laws, including open carry, in Florida's future

Mike

Site Co-Founder

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Pinellas county is a smaller version of the rest of the state.

It's like a flacid dangly penis that needs to be cut off and sink into the ocean. Outside of the Miami/Dade mess, it's possibly the worst part of the State. Tampa is a close Third.

If there were a giant Meteor Impact there, I wouldn't miss it.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Nope. Per DOACS website, there were 1.9 million issued since 1987, and about 780,000 of those are currently active.

And how many have been issued since 1987?

Just because a bunch of people left the state or let it expire (like I did) since 1987 doesn't mean the only people to ever apply were back in 1987. I'm pretty sure a rather large amount of applications have been sent in since then. Citing those which are still active of the original first year is not a useful representation.

There are quite a lot. It was covered in another thread. Over 5% of the eligible population was the most qualified number I saw.

Last edited:

Rich7553

And how many have been issued since 1987?

Just because a bunch of people left the state or let it expire (like I did) since 1987 doesn't mean the only people to ever apply were back in 1987. I'm pretty sure a rather large amount of applications have been sent in since then. Citing those which are still active of the original first year is not a useful representation.

There are quite a lot. It was covered in another thread. Over 5% of the eligible population was the most qualified number I saw.

I think you misunderstand. According to the DOACS:

From 10/1/87 - 1/31/11 (since shall issue became law), there have been 1,944,284 applications received. Of those, 1,918,601 licenses have been issued. As of 1/31/11, there are 786,884 licenses currently valid.

Last edited: