• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is SC considering Constitutional Carry?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I realize that. That's only helpful if I stay in my vehicle. Sure would be nice to have the ability to carry a pistol while hiking in the woods, or going out to eat. SC recognition of permits is very narrow, I have three permits to carry weapons and none of them are valid in that state.

I might be driving through SC this summer. I don't plan on getting out of my truck unless the law changes. Nothing against SC specifically, I do the same to Illinois since they don't recognize my right to self defense either.

Yeah, the glovebox is next to useless. And the exemption for travel directly to and from your car doesn't help much.