Thread: Took the new 700 to the range today

Took the new 700 to the range today

I bought a Remington 700 XCR in .270 Winchester (and a Bushnell 4200 Elite 3-9x50 scope) a few weeks ago and took it to the range today for the first time. Holy fun, Batman. I'd shot a few rounds from an old .22 with iron sights when I was a kid, but otherwise this was my first time firing a rifle. The range master was really nice and gave me some help getting the scope sighted in for 100 yards. In my first five or six shots, I put two, consecutive rounds through the same hole. The range master must have been over sixty, but he gave me a fist bump. It was way cool I'm hoping to spend an hour or two at the range every other week, or so. This could become my favorite hobby very quickly.

Now I have to figure out a place to clean the rifle (my wife would kill me if I did it in the kitchen, and I'm not sure I want to clean it in plain view on my balcony), and buy a spotting scope.

Cool! The question is, were those holes in the center of the target?

Lol - Glad you had some fun!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Why not in the kitchen? My wife and I will clean up our guns in the living room on the coffee table (its garage sale third hard, service duty) while watchin TV or something.

Hey, you live in Texas, not California. You may not be able to open carry, but would you be really be faulted for open cleaning?

In Cali, you'd be held at gunpoint, if not shot outright without any confrontation, like that pour soul was in Orange County who was sitting on the back porch of his friend's house wielding a garden hose.

In Texas, the worst that's likely to happen if a neighbor freaked out is that you'd receive a knock on you door, they would say they're responding because they received a call, you'd tell them you were cleaning it outside because it stinks up the apartment if you do it inside.

To the best of my knowledge, you can still open carry on your property in Texas, and your balcony is considered your property.

True?
    Last edited by since9; 01-18-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.