Thread: San Diego UOC meetup Update??

San Diego UOC meetup Update??

I've been waiting all day for a debriefing of what went on during the meetup in downtown today. Spill it guys!
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

It was a really good day. We had no negative contact at all. Not from police or anything. No one even got 12031'd! It was a peaceful day. We got to talk to alot of people, we had really positive feedback from from everyone we encountered. The weather was perfect! We all had a nice time. I'll be posting a video of Harley being interviewed by channel 6 when I get home.

I saw Sam on Channel 10 6pm news. He will prolly be on at 11:00 pm. Only 2 Fraidy Bradys were shown. Looks like they are going the way of the Dodo bird.
    Last edited by Gundude; 01-15-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Hazel and I had a lot of fun. We will be looking forward to the next time we get together again. Maybe I can convince the wife to strap up with her glock next time, seeing as this time went so smoothly.

It seems that the combination of cute little girl on my shoulders and pistol strapped to my thigh equals air time on the six o'clock news, Hazel really got a kick out of seeing her self on TV.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Costa View Post
    It seems that the combination of cute little girl on my shoulders and pistol strapped to my thigh equals air time on the six o'clock news, Hazel really got a kick out of seeing her self on TV.
    I just saw you pushing her in a baby cart.

Hey Bradys....I'll call you lame bet and raise you one pic of daddy, packin, with his little girl.

JP (with poker player syndrome)
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Just posted the channel 6 interview of Harley, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTix6...e_gdata_player

If anyone else has pics or video, or news coverage from yesterday, post em up.

No E checks, no Brady confrontations, UOC'rs numbered in the high teens, we each handed out pamphlets to those who requested. Answered questions. Great day and event, MLK would be proud of us standing up for our rights.

Most interested people demographic--late 20 something married couples with young children.

Video's will be posted at Responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org

some learning points for those thinking of organizing group events.
    --if your going to advise media, event organizers, or PD, do it less than 72 hours prior.(Actually media will do all that for you if you contact them first) It shows good faith to notify but its too late for powers to be to try and thwart you illegally
    -- encourage all particiapnts to meet beforehand at a secure location, have a WRITTEN safety briefing and game plan. Include cell #'s, safe boundaries, orientation for first timers, 3 solid talking points for media sound bites, pamphlets and handouts.
    -- encourage a POSITIVE dress code, look like average joe citizens, dont wear provocative clothing (camoflouge, sarcastic logos, tshirts with lots of guns on it, wearing all black) citizens are more accepting when you like like an average 'Joe'.
    -- do all you homework and encourage others to help in the planning, finding 1000' zones, mapping event, parking,
    -- dont bunch up and dont move in large groups it scares people and LE, spread out in 2 or 3 person teams, cover more ground, appears there are more of you to casual observers, more approachable by interested people, stroll and stop frequently, allow people to work up courage to talk to you.
    -- dont push information or a sales pitch on people, answer their questions when they ask, dont force a pamphlet, ask if they want one then produce the paper.
    -- Smile at people, make eye contact, be happy enjoy the event, people interact with friendly UOC'rs.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Good job everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    -- dont bunch up and dont move in large groups it scares people and LE, spread out in 2 or 3 person teams, cover more ground, appears there are more of you to casual observers, more approachable by interested people, stroll and stop frequently, allow people to work up courage to talk to you.
    OMG!
    Someone gets it! Flash mobs (4 or more) of open carriers are a media fiasco, an anachronism, and a bullseye on the backside of the Second Amendment. I'm thankful that the concept of spreading the participants in thinner, less obtrusive numbers is resonating and netting a warmer reaction.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    OMG!
    Someone gets it! Flash mobs (4 or more) of open carriers are a media fiasco, an anachronism, and a bullseye on the backside of the Second Amendment. I'm thankful that the concept of spreading the participants in thinner, less obtrusive numbers is resonating and netting a warmer reaction.
    Any chance we can get a sticky at the top of the page?

How to UOC and affect a positive outcome.?
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    No E checks, no Brady confrontations, UOC'rs numbered in the high teens, we each handed out pamphlets to those who requested. Answered questions. Great day and event, MLK would be proud of us standing up for our rights.

Most interested people demographic--late 20 something married couples with young children.

Video's will be posted at Responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org

some learning points for those thinking of organizing group events.
    --if your going to advise media, event organizers, or PD, do it less than 72 hours prior.(Actually media will do all that for you if you contact them first) It shows good faith to notify but its too late for powers to be to try and thwart you illegally
    -- encourage all particiapnts to meet beforehand at a secure location, have a WRITTEN safety briefing and game plan. Include cell #'s, safe boundaries, orientation for first timers, 3 solid talking points for media sound bites, pamphlets and handouts.
    -- encourage a POSITIVE dress code, look like average joe citizens, dont wear provocative clothing (camoflouge, sarcastic logos, tshirts with lots of guns on it, wearing all black) citizens are more accepting when you like like an average 'Joe'.
    -- do all you homework and encourage others to help in the planning, finding 1000' zones, mapping event, parking,
    -- dont push information or a sales pitch on people, answer their questions when they ask, dont force a pamphlet, ask if they want one then produce the paper.
    -- Smile at people, make eye contact, be happy enjoy the event, people interact with friendly UOC'rs.
    Thanks Mark for getting this put together. Thanks also to Sam and Harley for their leadership in speaking to the media. Great day, and my 2mo old daughters first UOC event! See you all at the next one!

I am sorry i had to miss this one as work and lack of transportation were factors. I am glad it went well.